Author Topic: TanTan FM202 Og-evkin QONQI VeloBuild VR066  (Read 1737 times)

TanTan FM202 Og-evkin QONQI VeloBuild VR066
« on: December 06, 2023, 09:10:22 AM »
Hello and thank you for your responses. I'm starting to look at a frame to replace the one I have on my road bike.
After a lot of looking I'm almost convinced that this is my "ideal" frame, I'm looking for some endurance but not a ride either.

Does anyone of you already have this painting in your hands and can give me information on stiffness, because I come from a Flixii background and the truth is that when you stand up it stiffens a little, and I don't like that feeling.

Thanks again
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 03:29:27 PM by santidacruzdasleiras »

TidyDinosaur

Re: TanTan FM202 Og-evkin QONQI Velo VR066
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 09:46:50 AM »
Whatever you do, do not order the OG-Evkin version. They are absolutely not to be trusted and they do not honour their warranty. I am sure there are other sellers that are way better.

Re: TanTan FM202 Og-evkin QONQI Velo VR066
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 03:28:47 PM »
That won't be a problem, since I think the frame is the same in all three distributors.
I just needed to know from someone who has it, to know their impressions and perhaps also where to buy it at a better price...

Velovelo

Re: TanTan FM202 Og-evkin QONQI VeloBuild VR066
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 05:34:24 PM »
I have the OG-Evkin CF-025. I got it in the rim brake version so that I have a rim brake bike in my fleet.
I use it as my solo-ride / recovery-day bike. It is an ok all-rounder bike. It does not hold speed in a fast bunch ride.
For general use the ride feel is ok in my opinion. You can build the rim brake version into a sub 8kg bike with basic bike components.
Just make sure to get the right size for your bike fit.
The frame shape and design, copies the Canyon Endurace but I'm not sure if they have similar geometry.

The only thing I do not like about this frame is that I can only safely run 25mm tyres on this frame. The front can take up to 28mm but the back tyre clearance will be too close to rubbing the frame with a 28mm for me. See this link (https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4087.msg44762.html#msg44762). Looks like someone made it work.

Trace Velo has reviewed the disc brake version on his youtube channel.

You can see more user comments on the frame from these threads:

Og-Evkin CF-025:
https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3392.msg30254.html#msg30254

VBR066:
https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4087.15.html

Cheers!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 05:53:53 PM by Velovelo »

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 05:57:31 AM »
Do you think that the frames of the three brands are made in the same factory, or on the contrary will it be an open mold that they can use for their manufacture?

I only mention it to know which seller would have the best finishes of the three....

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 07:40:19 AM »
Well, since I've seen most of OG-Evkin frames as (cheaper) nameless frames from other sellers I would guess they do not make their own frame and just put their name on them...

Velovelo

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 08:17:11 AM »
Do you think that the frames of the three brands are made in the same factory, or on the contrary will it be an open mold that they can use for their manufacture?

I only mention it to know which seller would have the best finishes of the three....

The OG-Evkin's CF-025 all black finish on the frame was pretty well done and also the packaging was thoughtfully done and included a warranty card. I do not expect any good aftersales service from any Chinese brand anyways. It is always a hit or a miss. In my case so far it was a hit. I like the frame.
If the geometry chart is similar for the three brands, then it means they are using the same mold but not sure if they all use the same factory to lay up the carbon sheets, etc.

I would go for the disc brake version of this frame over my vb-r-177 from velobuild. This frame feels more stable at high speeds compared to my vb-r-177.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 08:21:36 AM by Velovelo »

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2023, 08:21:55 AM »
The OG-Evkin's CF-025 all black finish on the frame was pretty well done and also the packaging was thoughtfully done and included a warranty card. I do not expect any good aftersales service from any Chinese brand anyways. It is always a hit or a miss. In my case so far it was a hit. I like the frame.
If the geometry chart is similar for the three brands, then it means they are using the same mold but not sure if they all use the same factory to lay up the carbon sheets, etc.

Yes, the geometries are the same in all three brands.
Now I will look for a good offer, to see which one is the best price.
Thank you for your answers.

bremerradkurier

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2023, 09:48:28 AM »
Still riding my 2018 vintage CF-025 rim brake frame.  Fits Conti GP5000 28 width tires on 19mm IW rims just fine.

paldo

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2023, 12:19:37 PM »
Have you check out the sp053 from Spcycle or Tideace? Their rim brake version can accomodate up to 32mm tires..

PLA

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2023, 03:37:29 PM »
I'd stay away from og-evkin if you value any degree of after sales service.

Just because they share dimensions/mold, doesn't mean they're necessarily from the same factory.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2023, 04:06:01 AM »
Have you check out the sp053 from Spcycle or Tideace? Their rim brake version can accomodate up to 32mm tires..

That model has a more racing geometry, I'm looking for something more endurance. Plus I'm into classic frames, I don't like those sagging rear chainstays!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2023, 04:19:33 AM »
I'd stay away from og-evkin if you value any degree of after sales service.

Just because they share dimensions/mold, doesn't mean they're necessarily from the same factory.

So which seller or brand of the three offers you the best guarantee, or gives you the most confidence?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2023, 04:42:21 AM »
So which seller or brand of the three offers you the best guarantee, or gives you the most confidence?

I would just check this forum and see what others say about the brands you are considering.
If you value warranty/honesty and/or your time you can cross OG-Evkin off your list. So only 2 more to go  :D

PLA

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2023, 05:22:01 AM »

Have you looked into Speeder, Lightcarbon or Yishun? These three manufacturers give me confidence.