Author Topic: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)  (Read 29653 times)

toxin

Re: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2024, 05:39:43 AM »
The batteries are replaceable, not quick-swappable. There's no reason you couldn't swap them like sram, you just need tools, an extra battery and a bit more time. I doubt they will just be available for sale like sram though.

radfactor

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2024, 06:30:41 PM »
Hi sir, your Time ADH looks so sexy and it's a dream bike. Just a question, any reason why you pick Wheeltop EDS over Ltwoo ERX for groupset selecyion?
Thank you. I am pretty fussy about color coordination.

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2024, 06:52:02 AM »
Hey Team,

Sorry I am currently will with COVID from unknown source grrr~!

The batteries are definitely replaceable but like everyone, we need to find a source else its back to manufacturer WheelTop. The battery is screwed against the derailleurs so some work is needed to have them removed.

I have seen the Aliexpress link selling the EDS TX online. They seem to deliver to many states but I cannot tell if all are there since I am a "Singaporean", Senator Tom.

BTW, first ride month review is out but done while I am ill.. so forgive me on the quality as I can barely talk with a sore toad throat.

Not sure if you can see my video link clearly but search for Taicho Cyclist Channel and you can see the video if the hyperlink in my post is somehow blocked.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 06:58:08 AM by Taicho_Cyclist »

jonathanf2

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2024, 07:06:38 AM »
Just saw this on AliEx and they appear to ship to the US:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806405285096.html

Or you can buy a Twitter carbon bike equipped with the EDS TX:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806230191114.html

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2024, 12:56:56 PM »
Just saw this on AliEx and they appear to ship to the US:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806405285096.html

Very bad feedback score...  ???

toxin

« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2024, 01:07:22 PM »
Thx for the vid, good to know it's not slop at least. Got a couple questions.

How far forward can the pulley arm bend? All footage I've seen has it still pointing pretty downward when in big-big, normally you'd expect it to be a bit closer to level. Looks that this would require a longer chain than usual as well.

Is it possible to use a front chainring that is bigger than 50t? The official specs say 50 max. I'd hope that's just a conservative estimation and that it is mechanically possible to fit at least a 54t.

« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2024, 04:45:21 AM »
Very bad feedback score...  ???

Not entirely bad but appears to be getting a mixed bag for customer experience. So much so like spinning The Wheel of Fortune.

« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2024, 04:56:09 AM »
Thx for the vid, good to know it's not slop at least. Got a couple questions.

How far forward can the pulley arm bend? All footage I've seen has it still pointing pretty downward when in big-big, normally you'd expect it to be a bit closer to level. Looks that this would require a longer chain than usual as well.

Is it possible to use a front chainring that is bigger than 50t? The official specs say 50 max. I'd hope that's just a conservative estimation and that it is mechanically possible to fit at least a 54t.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hHqQnrSQxqCHwcjU6

Its illogical to create a new technological product and be limited mechanically. I have sent WheelTop an enquiry to get this sorted out.

RDY

« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2024, 06:19:45 AM »

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hHqQnrSQxqCHwcjU6

Its illogical to create a new technological product and be limited mechanically. I have sent WheelTop an enquiry to get this sorted out.

Revision number 1 incoming

« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2024, 10:05:02 AM »
I have another new finding to share about the EDS TX.

Today, I was clearing up my cabinets when I found an unsed Magene twin connector powermeter charging cable. The design looked sinisterly similar to the EDS TX singular head cable and I decided to plug them on both derailleurs with a leap of faith (similar to the time when I punched buy on TaoBao  :P )

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3xsEuJyA_L/

Guess what!? It worked and the derailleurs are charged up full again. Guess I got lucky again with the new discovery. Now I can charge them at the same time with one cableset. Happy days. ;D

toxin

« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2024, 11:45:31 AM »
As someone with a p505 base thats nice to see

toxin

« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2024, 11:54:16 AM »
I looked at the replies on wheeltop page and somebody actually successfuly tested it with a 55t chainring and 42t cassete which is honestly really awesome to see. Now if only they had satellite/sprint shifters...

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2024, 12:51:02 PM »
I have another new finding to share about the EDS TX.

Today, I was clearing up my cabinets when I found an unsed Magene twin connector powermeter charging cable. The design looked sinisterly similar to the EDS TX singular head cable and I decided to plug them on both derailleurs with a leap of faith (similar to the time when I punched buy on TaoBao  :P )

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3xsEuJyA_L/

Guess what!? It worked and the derailleurs are charged up full again. Guess I got lucky again with the new discovery. Now I can charge them at the same time with one cableset. Happy days. ;D

Are you in a position to compare the size of the brifters to Shimano ones? I must say this group is beginning to look very nice.

« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2024, 03:21:16 AM »
I looked at the replies on wheeltop page and somebody actually successfuly tested it with a 55t chainring and 42t cassete which is honestly really awesome to see. Now if only they had satellite/sprint shifters...

They officially replied me that it supported up to 53T and I also pointed that they need to update the website or stand to lose more sales from this error. Good to know there are real use cases to debunk the fear.

Update: They have confirmed that 54T can be supported based on dealer update and user feedbacks. At least they are listening and have also accepted my recommendation to update their website. Happy days ahead.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 03:32:27 AM by Taicho_Cyclist »

« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2024, 03:27:55 AM »
Are you in a position to compare the size of the brifters to Shimano ones? I must say this group is beginning to look very nice.

Absolutely easy to compare the size of the EDS shifters to Ultegra R8150 as I have both systems. For your information, my palm size is considered large for Asian (Medium-Large Caucasian?)

The EDS aesthetically and physically is smaller. I can get a good hand wrap around the hoods with 4 fingers space on the underside.
The Ultegra R8150 is bulkier due to the crested hoods for Di2 shift buttons on the top and has less underside space for only 3 fingers to wrap underneath.