Author Topic: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)  (Read 24478 times)

rasch

Re: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2024, 04:08:50 AM »
Twitter R12 Pro on 28Goods EUR 1010.95 / Catalogue USD 1115.00
So price on 28Goods i do not find it bad at all
It would be groupset at EUR 739.00 (pre order price in Spain now. Deleted price €879.00, so price after pre-order sales), frame and rest EUR 271.95
Will check with 28Goods about shipping costs and will try to contact Twitter factory also.
Will let you know if i make progress in either way.
Thanks again!!

Let us know if you can reach Twitter factory and the prices you got

Linsook

« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2024, 09:59:13 PM »
Welp, I finally got around to installing it but front derailluer's adjustment screw doesn't work screw hole has its threads stripped....  Sigh.  Since I bought it off AliExpress, the options given to me where to ship it back for repair or replacement and they'll only cover $20 for the shipping.  What a pain.  I think I'll just retap it myself with larger pitch threads and grub screw to match. 

youtu.be/954JlwyqVzI
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 10:02:21 PM by Linsook »

Serge_K

« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2024, 11:59:58 PM »
That's not a good start, what kind of QC is that? I hate front derailleurs so much, they scare me :p
I won't go 1x though.
Really curious to see if this group is indeed better than L-TWOO, because I can't recommend the er9 anymore.

Tijoe

« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2024, 11:29:24 AM »
I am just under 200 miles on my EDS TX installation.  To date, the system has worked really well other than taking some time to get used to the RH shift paddles.  As the shifting becomes more natural, I am making fewer and fewer mis-shifts.
My EDS TX is installed on my gravel bike. Each of my rides typically has 2500+ ft of climbing for every 20 miles ridden.  These rides are shift intensive, so if I am going to have any problems, they will show up sooner than later. 

So far....  Thumbs up!

OTOH, I have about 1500 miles on my EDS OX (1X 12) bike-packing hardtail without any issues over the past 9 months.  I have less than 100 miles each on the EDs OX hardtail and FS bike.   This past weekend, my Full suspension bike really took a beating over 2 days of riding, and the OX rear derailleur worked flawlessly.

I definitely give a thumbs up for the EDS OX kit.

biceryder

« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2024, 07:03:22 PM »
Looking for some help.  Got my EDS TX today.  Charged everything, got the app, did a functions test after everything was paired.  Once I started mounting it to my bike and making adjustments, the RD defaults to 3rd gear.  I can use the initial calibration function to force it into 1st (11spd) but after one or two shifts it defaults right back to 3rd.

I deleted the app tried all over and turned off the units.  FWIW, I was able to get the FD mounted and tuned.  Any suggestions?

Tijoe

« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2024, 08:41:03 PM »
Looking for some help.  Got my EDS TX today.  Charged everything, got the app, did a functions test after everything was paired.  Once I started mounting it to my bike and making adjustments, the RD defaults to 3rd gear.  I can use the initial calibration function to force it into 1st (11spd) but after one or two shifts it defaults right back to 3rd.

I deleted the app tried all over and turned off the units.  FWIW, I was able to get the FD mounted and tuned.  Any suggestions?
I assume:  You have the cassette selected to the correct number of cogs (11 speed)

1. Put your app into "initial calibration"  You should see a picture that looks like a cassette.  On each side, there are arrows.    Since your derailleur is stuck in a higher gear, you have to slowly step it down to the smallest cog. (Reads like you have done this process already.)   
2. After you get the pulleys aligned with the smallest cog, exit initial calibration.  Go into the "replace cassette" screen and first check that the settings are "11" speed.  Then select either 10 speed or 12 speed and save your setting for a different cassette and "Save"  Exit, then go back into the "replace cassette" screen and select "11 speed" and save this setting.   (This is a double check to be sure that the derailleur has "learned and saved" the cassette as an 11 speed).
3. Select "variable speed mode" and then select "fine tuning gear"  "rear".   Take a look at the screen to be sure you have 11 gears displayed.  Check to see the "1file" has a "0" setting.  Verify that the shift count for each gear is an equal value between gears. - Push on the "One Click Recovery" and reset to the default cog spacing.  (If it isn't resetting you have some sort of a problem I haven't seen before.)
4.  Exit out of this screen and go into the "Gear Shift"  screen.  This screen should show your number of cogs, and that you are in your smallest cog.    Shift into lower gears. (Past where it was stuck before.) Then shift back down to the smallest cog.   Repeat several times if possible.   
5.  Hopefully this solves your problem.

biceryder

« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2024, 12:53:34 PM »
I assume:  You have the cassette selected to the correct number of cogs (11 speed)

1. Put your app into "initial calibration"  You should see a picture that looks like a cassette.  On each side, there are arrows.    Since your derailleur is stuck in a higher gear, you have to slowly step it down to the smallest cog. (Reads like you have done this process already.)   
2. After you get the pulleys aligned with the smallest cog, exit initial calibration.  Go into the "replace cassette" screen and first check that the settings are "11" speed.  Then select either 10 speed or 12 speed and save your setting for a different cassette and "Save"  Exit, then go back into the "replace cassette" screen and select "11 speed" and save this setting.   (This is a double check to be sure that the derailleur has "learned and saved" the cassette as an 11 speed).
3. Select "variable speed mode" and then select "fine tuning gear"  "rear".   Take a look at the screen to be sure you have 11 gears displayed.  Check to see the "1file" has a "0" setting.  Verify that the shift count for each gear is an equal value between gears. - Push on the "One Click Recovery" and reset to the default cog spacing.  (If it isn't resetting you have some sort of a problem I haven't seen before.)
4.  Exit out of this screen and go into the "Gear Shift"  screen.  This screen should show your number of cogs, and that you are in your smallest cog.    Shift into lower gears. (Past where it was stuck before.) Then shift back down to the smallest cog.   Repeat several times if possible.   
5.  Hopefully this solves your problem.

Tijoe,

Thank you so much for the quick response.  Yes, I was able to fix it but it was my fault not the grpupsets.  I paired everything first then started following the set up
instructions.  I had the FD on the small chainring…. A real smack my head moment. I didn’t have the chain on so it never occurred to me that the FD might be preventing crosschaining.

I got it all set up and did a preliminary test ride around the neighborhood.
Working out the kinks and fine tuning the gears.  In race mode, I seemed to get the
RD to skip gears with just one press of the paddle.  I went back to casual and the gear changes were more positive with no skips.  Race mode did not seem to make the FD any faster.

I have a more thorough write up once I get out on some training rides.  So far, I’m cautiously optimistic.

biceryder

« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2024, 06:04:24 PM »
Still a bit early to provide a full assessment.  However, I did a 2hr ride on a hilly course.  So far, no issues to report.  Still dialing in the shifting and ensuring everything is spot on.  Primarily at this point I am very pleased with the rim brake version.

Linsook

« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2024, 11:13:25 AM »
i've done a makeshift temp fix to get my front derailleur usable while I wait for my tapping gear to arrive. 

Early thoughts, shifting is good.  I'm not sure how I feel about the trimming or when protection kicks in - still trying to figure out what it's doing.  Front right shifter buttons feel fine, haven't had any usage/ergonomic issues.  So far it's been positive experience in actual use.   

On a separate note, it looks like wheeltop.com is shipping to more destinations like Canada however not U.S. yet.

jonathanf2

« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2024, 11:26:12 AM »
I'm seeing the Wheeltop EDS TX disc groupset re-listed on AliExpress with shipping. The seller is offering a $48.54 USD discount + the current $50 USD discount code.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806728969400.html

biceryder

« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2024, 01:38:59 PM »
I went through the other seller.  Initially, I was going to purchase from that site but got
a better discount with the other one.  Prices seem to fluctuate weekly.  I’m still testing my groupset before I provide some end user feedback.  So far, mostly positive. 

Tijoe

« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2024, 12:01:32 AM »
2 days ago, I swapped out my crank set that uses 50 - 34 chainrings to a new set of cranks with 48-32 chainrings.   I shortened my chain my a link, lowered the front derailleur then performed a new calibration on the app for the front derailleur.   Now that I am very familiar with using the WheelTop app, this process went very smoothly.  I had to re-tune 4 of the rear cogs.   Took the bike out for a 17 mile, 1,500 feet of climbing test ride.   I am becoming used to the shifters and had no "human error" mis shifts.   

The more I ride the EDS TX, the more I like it.  (After about 220 miles on the new kit, plus the shifting during my latest tuning, the front derailleur says 77%, rear derailleur is at 71% battery charge.)

kbernstein

« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2024, 07:10:37 AM »
How much have you guys paid for it? I heard on youtube someone paid around 400 dollars (he's canadian but i would still assume USD) but I've never seen it anywhere near that price

Tijoe

« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2024, 09:15:23 AM »
How much have you guys paid for it? I heard on youtube someone paid around 400 dollars (he's canadian but i would still assume USD) but I've never seen it anywhere near that price
My hydraulic brake,  carbon lever kit cost $620, minus $80 off anniversary sale coupon, minus store coupon for around $20, for a total of $522 with free shipping.

Edit: I read that the aluminum, rim brake version, was purchased for closer to $400 during the sale, but there weren't many of those kits for sale and they sold out fast.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 09:17:33 AM by Tijoe »

toxin

« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2024, 09:24:56 AM »
Aluminium rim brake does not exist (for sale) yet. Only carbon rim brake and alu disc brake