Author Topic: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)  (Read 72403 times)

OralMaster

Re: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)
« Reply #405 on: September 01, 2024, 01:31:23 PM »
Hi All,

I believe WheelTop will be releasing the new revised EDS TX7800 in due time, this time from the photos it looks like it going to be a complete groupset.

Here are some pictures and info I've gotten from the web.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/Zgoj5uykk_cSwPv3hwqCtw
« Last Edit: September 02, 2024, 02:21:27 AM by OralMaster »

toxin

« Reply #406 on: September 01, 2024, 03:46:00 PM »
God I hope that OSPW isn't the only option

Phaxe

« Reply #407 on: September 02, 2024, 02:28:35 AM »
God I hope that OSPW isn't the only option

The translation I ran on it says "The lower guide wheel adopts a hollow design, which is very technological, giving "empty benefits".

I lol'd.

I do think the groupset looks pretty damn good though!

toxin

« Reply #408 on: September 02, 2024, 05:46:32 AM »
Yeah empty benefits is right

sear

« Reply #409 on: September 03, 2024, 03:45:57 PM »
I am hoping for two things from this:
1. The new parts can mix and match with the existing EDS TX
2. The FD is vastly improved

I'm actually super happy with what I have for the most part, but that FD is just awful.

raisinberry777

« Reply #410 on: September 03, 2024, 03:55:41 PM »
I am hoping for two things from this:
1. The new parts can mix and match with the existing EDS TX
2. The FD is vastly improved

I'm actually super happy with what I have for the most part, but that FD is just awful.

The FD and shifters are the same from the spec sheet in that link.

Sincman

« Reply #411 on: September 08, 2024, 07:00:49 PM »
I've decided to change wireless shifting systems. I've removed the EDS-TX  derailleurs front and rear from my bike and am selling them in the classified section. If anyone is interested, you can use them for replacement parts, spare batteries or to upgrade another bike by adding an addition set of (Br)shifters from WheelTop, link to parts in the listing. You would still spend less than what the system is currently selling for.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2024, 09:41:14 AM by Sincman »

estingo

« Reply #412 on: September 12, 2024, 03:07:49 AM »
Does anyone know, which type of needles and olive the EDS TX uses? Their website says that these parts are proprietary, but on video, they look very similar to sram or magura.
Or if they are really incompatible with already existed models, where can I get a spare? A quick search on aliexpress showed nothing.

As I tried to install the brake hoses that came with the Wheeltop package, I noticed they were not of great quality. I've bought now Magura brake hoses, they were a better quality when I installed them. I've posted that in this thread: https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4449.45.html
Long story short, I tried to find the correct oil pin and olive to use for the EDS TX because I didn't want to wait until it arrived from AliExpress and buy it here locally, I asked Wheeltop over Instagram, and their service desk from the website. The answer from Wheeltop was: "Regarding the type of hose, needle and olive, we recommend you to purchase the bh59 type." But the olive that I have doesn't look like a bh59 at all but more the shape of the Sram. When watching Oz Cycle his video about "setting up Wheeltop EDS gears on your bike" he says time stamp 3:13 if you were using Shimano you need to replace the barb & Olive. So in the end I bought from the Aliexpress seller a set of oil pins and olives including those standard brake hoses. The seller also said: "I also think that the quality of the hose is relatively ordinary. You can buy a better quality one locally"

So all in all, I still don't know which type fit's as I don't think it's the bh59, but if someone wants to try go ahead I didn't dare to try it.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #413 on: September 16, 2024, 02:40:40 AM »
Hi we are a wheeltop retailer in canada. Im sure my business partner can answer this question if no one else chimes in.

paul@ciclowerks.com
[/quote

Hi Paul,

we contacted wheeltop for distributing in Europe...after asking for Ce Certs, ANT+, Bluetooth license, battery tests and certs and how they handle to patent infringement of the flatmount brakes: silence....did you get any helpful information]

Serge_K

« Reply #414 on: September 16, 2024, 04:22:40 AM »
The seller also said: "I also think that the quality of the hose is relatively ordinary. You can buy a better quality one locally"

Wanted to highlight this, as i dont think it is widely known that the quality of the hydraulic hose matters. I didnt realize it was a thing until 1 week ago myself.
On this forum, there's a lot of discussion around mechanical disc brakes and the fact you NEED to use Jagwire KEB-SL kevlar hoses to maximise braking performance. Honestly you're shooting yourself in the foot if you dont use that (may be irrelevant if you're very light, obviously, but i'm not)
However, I was assuming that a hydraulic hose is a hydraulic hose, but turns out, apparently it isn't. Aliexpress sells a kevlar version, which i just ordered. I recently changed my rear hose with a no name cheap one, and my braking went to shit. I cannot say it's because of the hose, but there's a fair chance it's not helping.
May or may not be nearly as critical for front brakes because of hose length, then again you need the front brake more than the rear, so... 1.7m of kevlar hose costs about 10 eur on AliX.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

estingo

« Reply #415 on: September 16, 2024, 07:45:52 AM »
Wanted to highlight this, as i dont think it is widely known that the quality of the hydraulic hose matters. I didn't realize it was a thing until 1 week ago myself.
On this forum, there's a lot of discussion around mechanical disc brakes and the fact you NEED to use Jagwire KEB-SL kevlar hoses to maximize braking performance. Honestly, you're shooting yourself in the foot if you dont use that (may be irrelevant if you're very light, obviously, but i'm not)

Same story, I wasn't aware myself until I pulled them out and received the Magura ones, what a night and day difference. I might have shot myself in the leg, we will see, I'm not the lightest either sitting around 85kg. For checking a replacement, I considered the standard Shimano and Sram, I also checked the Jagwire but found a few reviews that people didn't like, so in the end I went for a Kevlar version of Magura. I wanted Kevlar to be a replacement because it's obviously better than the "normal" Aliexpress ones and I thought Magura isn't too bad either.

Anyway I didn't drove a single km or mile yet because I'm still waiting for my wheels. will report how it feels though, later on. Thanks for the awareness of Brake hoses and your experience as well.

Linsook

« Reply #416 on: September 16, 2024, 08:30:10 AM »
Interesting comments on hydraulic hoses.  I'm on the stock ones and they feel great and are working fine.  I'm about 100kg.

When I do major maintenance I will look into replacing the hoses but I am skeptical of any gains. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 08:31:59 AM by Linsook »

Sebastian

« Reply #417 on: September 16, 2024, 09:22:38 AM »
Back in my motorcycle days I remember that steel braided brake lines for the brakes were all the rage among racers as it was supposed to improve the braking point. Dunno exactly if those are standard for cars. But IMO I've used stock Shimano ones, Magura ones and now on a recent build I used whatever LTWOO sends along with their stuff. I can't tell any difference and TBH I don't think on bike brakes there's enough oil pressure involved so that it really makes a difference, at least not as much of a difference as on a dual front brake with 4pistons per caliper and 300mm rotors on a superbike that goes 300kph. But with that being said, r2-bike.com in Germany sells exactly those "steel flex" hydraulic brake lines if you feel curious. They're almost 100EUR per 2.6 metres of brake line. I think I'll pass.

kanuto

« Reply #418 on: September 17, 2024, 06:53:00 AM »
Anyone tried the eds gx?