Author Topic: Gravel frame with UDH hanger - T-Type compatibility.  (Read 2088 times)

Angelinho

Gravel frame with UDH hanger - T-Type compatibility.
« on: December 10, 2023, 06:34:53 AM »
Hello,

I have checked and contacted some seller such as Velobuild but I haven't been able to find if there is any model of gravel frame with UDH hanger.

My idea is to build a bike with a mullet (GX T-Type + Force 1x crankset).

Given that there are several differences when it comes to tyre clearance, I guess that to work with UDH - T-Type, that have not much to adapt in the micro-adjust (just +-2 I think)... Will it be a nightmare to set the bike up properly to have the correct chainline?

Maybe is better to stick to regular hangers and use non-t-type mullet setups?

Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my English  :'(

Tijoe

Re: Gravel frame with UDH hanger - T-Type compatibility.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 10:55:21 AM »

Angelinho

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 11:08:31 AM »
Hello.  Have you read this article?  It discussed UDH SRAM chainline.

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/pages/how-to-find-the-correct-chainring-for-your-mountain-bike-with-sram-transmission

Nope but I find it quite useful. Thanks mate.

However, I still need to find a UDH gravel frameset. And I have no idea if there are any available. I see that in some you can choose the BB but never seen UDH finish.

poyo

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 11:42:11 AM »

However, I still need to find a UDH gravel frameset. And I have no idea if there are any available. I see that in some you can choose the BB but never seen UDH finish.

Ask Carbonda, I think the 505SL has Udh. In another forum someone also reported about a 707 with Udh.

mirphak

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 12:37:48 PM »

I made a custom titanium one with an udh hanger to test in the future the new derailleurs from SRAM, but for now I was planning to use it with the old GX AXS non-T.

Angelinho

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2023, 03:07:06 PM »
New Yishun frame
https://www.yishunbike.com/product/g055-d-adventure-gravel/
And
Lightcarbon
https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightcarbon-gravel-frameset-with-micro-suspension-system-and-integrated-handlebar_p235.html

WOW

Both of them are quite interesting but I think I will try to avoid any kind of "suspension" system.

It seems the number of UDH framesets is growing.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 04:18:01 PM by Angelinho »

Sakizashi

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2023, 04:34:56 PM »
I inquired about UDH based bikes from Workswell and their 358 has a UDH option. I dont think any of their other drop bar frames are UDH compatible.

carbonazza

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 07:59:23 AM »
Ask Carbonda, I think the 505SL has Udh. In another forum someone also reported about a 707 with Udh.

Yes it is UDH, I'm still waiting some parts for a first over 3 coming builds.
All with a GX T-type rear + Force transmission 1x

100poods

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2023, 08:52:46 AM »
WOW

Both of them are quite interesting but I think I will try to avoid any kind of "suspension" system.

It seems the number of UDH framesets is growing.

If you're not in a hurry, I think you should wait until early March, when more UDH frames from other suppliers will appear. But with some suppliers you can wait delivery yours frame until the summer if you place an order in March.

Angelinho

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2023, 10:27:38 AM »
If you're not in a hurry, I think you should wait until early March, when more UDH frames from other suppliers will appear. But with some suppliers you can wait delivery yours frame until the summer if you place an order in March.

I'll go this way. Probably I'll start to prepare groupset, wheels... and go for the frame when the new models appear

It seems anyway that UDH hangers are going to be common in gravel frames (I have more doubts about this in road frames).

Kactusdog

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2023, 05:17:12 PM »
Wing has confirmed that the 696 is produced with the UDH.

hwpaints

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2023, 04:21:05 AM »
i saw Hans Becking [megamo team]drive with gravel and the XX SL T type, his Megamo gravel fit T type, but the cassette is based on MTB and there are not any others than 10-52.
Megamo was in the past Hong Fu frame but not sure gravel are also

hwpaints

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2023, 04:28:52 AM »
hong fu has frame's, here the Megamo

carbonazza

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2023, 04:32:25 AM »
hong fu has frame's, here the Megamo
Great find! Did you get the tire clearance ?