Author Topic: Zero offset seat post recommendations?  (Read 582 times)

Zero offset seat post recommendations?
« on: January 08, 2024, 11:36:51 PM »
Hi everyone,

In the market for a zero offset seat post. Long story short, my current road bike I've had since a teenagee (30 now) is just too long for me.
I've changed saddle and the rails aren't long enough to push all the way forward. Being one of nostalgia, and given this bike has an exceptional amount of sentimental value I want to keep using what I have

Any recommendations on zero offset seat posts? This bike is circa 2009 so I'd assume the seat post diameter is 31.6mm?

Cheers

s3si1u

Re: Zero offset seat post recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 11:52:13 PM »

coffeebreak

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 01:24:31 AM »
There's nothing better than Elita one already mentioned above. It's one of those (rare few) no brainer items on Aliexpress.

bichler.bua

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 03:07:14 AM »
Maybe just my point of view, but: saddle adjustment is not to adjust reach length - saddle adjustment is done to find the correct position over pedals & bottom bracket area (to avoid knee pain or muscular issues).
Once that saddle position is fixed, you will use stem & handle bar to modify and adjust your position on the bike.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 04:44:21 AM »
Ended up getting the Elita One 63D, paid about ~$30 aud for it and received in a week.
First impressions are it's quite impressive, it saves over 100g over my previous carbon wrapped aluminium seat post even though it's 50mm longer

Won't be able to ride it until early next week

Cheers

Wet Noodle

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 01:31:45 PM »
Elita One 63D
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLJPymG

Does this version have swively bits between the screw heads and the contact surfaces in the post head and do the holes allow for the screws to tilt? If not, it's basically a fixed-angle solution (or "micro adjustable" if you will).
I am fully aware that quite a few people use it with success regardless. Still ...

Jet the Panda

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2024, 12:16:17 PM »
Love my Elita One seat post, I wish they still did raw carbon look ones instead of all black. I'd buy a few more if they did!