Author Topic: sensah hydraulic brake question  (Read 660 times)

Teigansdad

sensah hydraulic brake question
« on: January 12, 2024, 10:26:59 AM »
hello every one. I'm considering the Sensah 1x11 HRD hydraulic disc shifter/brake levers. This is going on my Frankenbike that is already a 29er that I use for gravel riding and now thinking of putting drop bar.

My question: anyone know what barb/olive sets to use if you shorten the hose? Are they compatible with shimano barb/olive?
also anyone tried mixing these with Magura? I run Shigura on two of my bikes (shimano lever/magura caliper) but these are mountain bikes. My experience has been very positive so thinking of doing the same with this setup

thanks

kbernstein

Re: sensah hydraulic brake question
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 02:19:04 PM »
Shimano doesn't have a patent on the olive/barbs. Sensah will take BH90 olives like the recent shimano road groupsets. You will have one set included with the groupset

Teigansdad

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 06:20:56 PM »
perfect!
that was exactly the info I needed.

mirphak

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 01:43:55 PM »
Let me know how the brakes work. I was forever considering converting my 29er to monstercross using a sensah or ltwoo groupset, but I am unsure if the brifters can pull enough oil to make the 4-piston XT 8120 calipers work properly.

brifter5

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 11:01:36 PM »
Let me know how the brakes work. I was forever considering converting my 29er to monstercross using a sensah or ltwoo groupset, but I am unsure if the brifters can pull enough oil to make the 4-piston XT 8120 calipers work properly.

Not sure about your exact setup but the brakes feel so good on mine. Having more issues with the shifting then the brakes. Brakes were pretty straight forward except I bought the wrong brake bleed kit so I had to get another one with the two syringe with 4mm adapters, ala Sram style bleed.