Author Topic: ISO (San Jose, CA) mechanics knowhow working on chinese frame/components/parts?  (Read 776 times)

kwantani

Greetings... this is probably a long shot. I'm located in San Jose, California. LBS here does not feel comfortable working on any direct chinese frame/components/gears. Looking for local mechanics that's ok with working on buildup/maintain chinese gears? Thanks.

jonathanf2

Greetings... this is probably a long shot. I'm located in San Jose, California. LBS here does not feel comfortable working on any direct chinese frame/components/gears. Looking for local mechanics that's ok with working on buildup/maintain chinese gears? Thanks.

You should start watching Youtube. The investment of knowledge and tools will be much cheaper than what a bike shop would charge in the long run.

s3si1u

I would just try a different shop. Or find a home mechanic who will likely be happy to work on anything. I've only had one shop question what I was bringing in, but that was with a bike with a Sensah groupset. What are you building up and what components are you using?
Instagram: @aerosloth

kwantani

Again I'm just looking for a Chinese friendly local mechanic(s). Not interested in investing time/skills/tools/money into wrenching modern bike.

Froglover825

Again I'm just looking for a Chinese friendly local mechanic(s). Not interested in investing time/skills/tools/money into wrenching modern bike.
Why don't you just call around? My LBS says he will work on literally anything, see if any of your LBS have that on your website. Some mechanics also charge a flat per hour rate when they're working on unknown components.

dsveddy

I gotta say this attitude and chiner bikes aren't a good mix IMO