Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 12142 times)

amacal1

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2024, 03:09:47 PM »
Has anyone considered building or has built a 1x road or light gravel bike (like 32c tires) using the eGR? It might be fun to build an lightweight climbing frame with the groupset.

I did that, sorta. I put it in my gravel bike, but use it more on the road than on gravel and keep a wheelset dedicated to riding on the road with 32c GP5000 road tires. Frankly, it's just a stopgap until I build up a dedicated road bike and then this will likely be my dedicated gravel bike. I went with the eGR because it will fit nicely for that purpose, eventually, and right now was an easy, straightforward conversion. 

trcycling

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2024, 08:38:35 PM »
Ok, I said I'd be back with some info once I got it built. It's preliminary as I only have one ride on it so far, but you can read it here

https://trbike.blogspot.com/2024/05/ltwoo-egr-results-writeup.html

jonathanf2

« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2024, 10:41:02 AM »
Ok, I said I'd be back with some info once I got it built. It's preliminary as I only have one ride on it so far, but you can read it here

What size chainring were you using with the 10-50t? Did you do any preventative measures against water ingress?

trcycling

« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2024, 10:51:17 AM »
What size chainring were you using with the 10-50t? Did you do any preventative measures against water ingress?

I’ve been running a 32 but had previously tried 34 and 30 in the previous setup. All worked but the 32 was the “Goldilocks” size for me.

I did use dialectric grease on the connectors. I’d didn’t see any other obvious places to protect.

« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2024, 07:38:05 PM »

Hi Thanks for this info, it's very helpful! it's been a couple of months now, hows it all going? have you had any other issues?

trcycling

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2024, 08:25:49 PM »
The thread may be that old, but my experience is fresher than that  ;)   I've had it out for another ride now. So far so good. I think I'm hearing slight noise sometimes on some gears like it may not be aligned correctly. So I might to go micro adjust better or I might go back to zero and do it per instructions (I micro adjusted first like an idiot). But functionally it's good. It's hard to directly compare the 'feel' to my AXS bike because that one is a 2x with a road cassette so each click is a smaller, smoother change. On the giant 1x cassette, some steps are a bit rougher by their nature. But I think it's pretty comparable. And definitely more responsive and reliable shifts than the modified, cable-actuated Force 1 on there before. I have no hesitation clicking up or down one to 'feel' right where there was enough faffing before I often just didn't.

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2024, 01:13:07 AM »
You're right I got confused about the thread and when you put it together. All good info anyway. I ordered the EGR today through Aliexpress, really excited to get it. I'm curious to know if you've done a garden hose test on the RD with your Die-Electric sealer.
I'll share my experiences once I've put it together

trcycling

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2024, 01:44:06 AM »
 ;D, yeah no. Not going to INTENTIONALLY antagonize it :-). I'll leave that to the people who got free samples. (Hey LTWOO, I'm game to test, hint hint)

amacal1

« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2024, 10:12:17 AM »
My right shifter (i.e. the only one I use) is starting to have a minor issue with the lower shift paddle "sticking" a little after each shift. It has yet to cause any issues with shifting, but I can feel that it doesn't fully return to position after I press it for a shift. It's not a real issue (yet) but the OCD parts of my brain don't like it when my finger pulls back from the button and the paddle doesn't come with it and isn't in the exact same spot when I go to press for the next shift. I did a long ride in some mild rain the other day and, mid-ride, it quickly went from happening occasionally to happening after every shift.

I haven't really taken the time to carefully diagnose where the sticking is occurring and look for any remedies, but I'll take any thoughts from others that may have noticed the same thing.

Serge_K

« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2024, 10:23:21 AM »
My right shifter (i.e. the only one I use) is starting to have a minor issue with the lower shift paddle "sticking" a little after each shift. It has yet to cause any issues with shifting, but I can feel that it doesn't fully return to position after I press it for a shift. It's not a real issue (yet) but the OCD parts of my brain don't like it when my finger pulls back from the button and the paddle doesn't come with it and isn't in the exact same spot when I go to press for the next shift. I did a long ride in some mild rain the other day and, mid-ride, it quickly went from happening occasionally to happening after every shift.

I haven't really taken the time to carefully diagnose where the sticking is occurring and look for any remedies, but I'll take any thoughts from others that may have noticed the same thing.

on YT Trace Velo made a video where the issue he had with his paddle came from 1 of the 2 springs being misplaced. Have a look, it may be the same issue. Either on erx on egr.

amacal1

« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2024, 01:23:09 PM »
on YT Trace Velo made a video where the issue he had with his paddle came from 1 of the 2 springs being misplaced. Have a look, it may be the same issue. Either on erx on egr.

I think I had seen that video a while back, but don't remember all the details. I'll have to rewatch it. I didn't think it was anything like that, though, because it was functioning normally for the first few hundred miles and has slowly progressed. I'll check out the video again. Thanks.

ChrisB

« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2024, 04:34:22 PM »
Modified my commuter gravel bike from Sensah SRX to Ltwoo eGR and so far quite happy after about 150km....
Gearing is currently 11Speed 42x 11-46 - I have a 12 speed cassette and chain ready to be installed.

[/img]

Some have asked about water proofing, I went with electrical heat shrink tubing on the RD. I used an approx. 8mm shrink tube so it slides about 2mm on the connector port of the RD:

And this is how it looks connected with the heat shrink tube in place:

In case you wonder, could not get the cable through the chain stay since the connector is too long and stiff. Tried from both sides and finally gave up.
The routing tool with 5mm diameter passes in both directions but the stiff cable connector with the same diameter gets stuck and will not move..... I guess you can't always win  :-X

BR Chris
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 04:35:59 PM by ChrisB »

amacal1

« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2024, 10:00:16 AM »
What firmware is everyone's unit currently on?

Mine is currently at v1.0.1 and has been ever since I received it. Has anyone received any firmware updates?

jonathanf2

« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2024, 12:28:23 PM »
In case you wonder, could not get the cable through the chain stay since the connector is too long and stiff. Tried from both sides and finally gave up.

The routing tool with 5mm diameter passes in both directions but the stiff cable connector with the same diameter gets stuck and will not move..... I guess you can't always win  :-X

I had the same issue with my ER9 installation. I couldn't get the battery cable through the chain stay. I ended up having to route the RD cable externally. On top of that, my frame used cable tension for the shift cable access port underneath the BB. So I had to hot glue the cover to the frame and use a zip tie to hold it in place if the glue fails.

trcycling

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2024, 04:49:46 PM »
What firmware is everyone's unit currently on?

Mine is currently at v1.0.1 and has been ever since I received it. Has anyone received any firmware updates?

Same here. I'm hoping that is a sign of stability not...