Author Topic: 9Velo wheels?  (Read 1222 times)

coffeebreak

9Velo wheels?
« on: January 30, 2024, 10:54:52 AM »
I am searching for a wheelset for my upcoming Yoeleo R12 and these came up. Has anyone given a thought or bought these wheels? There's plenty of information on LB, Elite wheels, or Farsports but not these and definitely not on this forum. Hambini did review a set and praised it. Their 35mm deep road wheels are 1209 grams for the pair and seem to use their own hubs with 36t ratchet system. Expensive and lighter CD series' 45mm deep wheels are under 1200 grams. Prices are comparable to Light Bicyle.

Hambini's comment -
A Chinese company has made a wheelset and specifically a hubset that is superior to the brand leading western counterpart (DT Swiss) and sells it for significantly less. 9 Velo does not have anywhere near the brand appeal of the larger western brands but there is little doubt that this wheelset is manufactured to a high technical standard.

The copyright text at the bottom says "Xiamen NineVelo Technology Co., Ltd." Xiamen sounds eerily familiar but I guess that's because its a very common name.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 11:16:58 AM by coffeebreak »

Ludo

Re: 9Velo wheels?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 11:08:00 AM »
Hambini review would be enough of an endorsement for me to go ahead

toxin

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 11:25:18 AM »
Hubs are h-works and rest looks like farsports parts to me

Ludo

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2024, 01:07:49 PM »
H-works and 9velonare own by the same company, no?

Jet the Panda

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 05:06:53 AM »
Xiamen sounds eerily familiar but I guess that's because its a very common name.
Xiamen is a city in China they is well known for production of carbon fiber components.

dsveddy

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 09:16:55 AM »
Peak torque also has endorsed ninevelo’s craftsmanship. My only reservation with them is that they tend to be heavier than similar offerings

PLA

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 06:47:46 PM »
If they put their hubs on a more modern rim shape I'd be happy to try them.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

coffeebreak

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2024, 11:08:06 AM »
Searched for H-works hubs on Aliexpress and while they aren't available standalone (anymore) related results show 9velo wheels and 9velo official store products. Looks like its the same company. However if you look up h-works website none of the hub model numbers match with what 9Velo lists under their wheel specs.

Bigbobby1482

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2024, 11:49:54 AM »
Searched for H-works hubs on Aliexpress and while they aren't available standalone (anymore) related results show 9velo wheels and 9velo official store products. Looks like its the same company. However if you look up h-works website none of the hub model numbers match with what 9Velo lists under their wheel specs.

They are indeed the same company, and that isn't true, only for their newer wheel lines. If you look at their mt30 mtb wheels, they use the m330 hubs which are listed on H-works eg https://www.h-works.cn/products/hw-m330-6b-rear

Btw you can buy their h-works oem hubs from alibaba https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/XiaMen-Hworks-Factory-customize-6-bolt_10000014109693.html