Author Topic: Zrace X4 olive/barb spec?  (Read 480 times)

Ludo

Zrace X4 olive/barb spec?
« on: February 02, 2024, 09:56:33 AM »
Hi,

Could someone confirm if it's BH59 or BH90? I want to shorten the front one and need to get olive and barb, not sure which one it is. My guess would be BH90. I asked official store on Ali but with Chinese new year, not sure I'll get an answer for a few day.

Thanks

eekden

Re: Zrace X4 olive/barb spec?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 10:20:56 AM »
Why not buy both since they’re like $4 at local bike shops (and way cheaper online) and when you take it out, compare the barbs.

Ludo

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 10:33:05 AM »
I don’t have one to compare too as I already installed it. And the difference between the two being so minute, not sure I would spot it anyway. If no one knows, I’ll just chance it with the bh90 a friend gave me

JohnnyRabbit

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 08:57:52 AM »
Be careful with the non Shimano barbs. I ended up breaking the tiny connection on my GRX levers because the barb hole was a little bit too small and the chamfer at the entry of the hole was also not in specs. There is a small tube in the levers and it got jammed in the hole so when I disconnected the hose, the tubes ripped out and got stuck in the barbs.

I would play safe and buy original Shimano for a critical part like this unless you have an original one on hand and tools to measure it properly.

coffeebreak

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 12:28:06 PM »
I don’t have one to compare too as I already installed it. And the difference between the two being so minute, not sure I would spot it anyway. If no one knows, I’ll just chance it with the bh90 a friend gave me

Almost all of the new full hydro calipers on Aliex conform to Shimano BH90 standards even though they don't mention it. Use the full BH90 hose kit with its respective barb/olive combo. In fact even the olive is same between BH59 and 90, its just the barb that is different. The BH90 is replacement for BH59 and is compatible with previous BH59 setups. For e.g. I am using older Di2 shifters with full BH90 kit that were originally announced with BH59.