Author Topic: Carbon suspension/high-flex seatpost recommendations?  (Read 611 times)

renegade1848

Carbon suspension/high-flex seatpost recommendations?
« on: February 05, 2024, 12:33:34 PM »
As the title says, I‘m looking for a carbon seatpost with some suspension function or particularly high flex for my gravel bike. Had one of those split-in-half types a couple of years ago, but wasn‘t happy with it as it kept slipping no matter the carbon paste and getting the seat angle correct was an utter pain in the back.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

nicklej

Re: Carbon suspension/high-flex seatpost recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 05:30:12 AM »
You've got the usual SR suntour suspension posts and then there are the Redshift clones here: https://shorturl.at/zORXZ

Redshift posts get favourable reviews but not many reviews on the clones.

If you want more comfort, consider a differnent saddle choice. I love the SQLab ergowave saddles. I did over 100k miles on my last one and they are the best for me. My other favourite saddle is the Tube Speedneedle. Neither are cheap or aliexpress jobbies though.

Hokum

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 04:45:42 AM »
As the title says, I‘m looking for a carbon seatpost with some suspension function or particularly high flex for my gravel bike. Had one of those split-in-half types a couple of years ago, but wasn‘t happy with it as it kept slipping no matter the carbon paste and getting the seat angle correct was an utter pain in the back.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Same here, I like the flex on that ergon copy but the slipping is quite annoying. Also the clamp won't take oval rails. Had to sand it down too, tolerances were rather slippy.

Ordered that one, will report.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006305702170.html

Hokum

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 09:15:11 AM »
so I tried it out. there's noticeable flex, but less than on the ergon clone. if you actually need the suspension for the back, go with that one. if it's just to take the edge of, you can go with the lexon.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 10:30:15 PM »
Can anyone recommend an ergon clone on aliexpress/ how have you liked the post so far.