Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

My TanTan TT912 build

(1/6) > >>

ejump0:
So back in Jan i place an order for TT912 via TanTan website contact thru whatsapp. After confirming the bike parts n confirm colour, paid it n wait for it to arrive.

My frame arrived last week.
Frame: TT912 with swapped cockpit. Instead of integrated kit, i went split stem n basebar. also swapped for carbon extensions
BB: Ztto bb386-24 normal bearing
Brake lever: Tektro TL720
Shifter: Microshift bs-a11
RD: 105 r7000 ss
Saddle: Chiner ism pl1.1
Brake caliper: Onirii BR-05

Wheelset n cranks will come from my current bike. i havent decide on crank lenght yet, but it will be in 1x:
wheelset: parcours chrono 77/86
cog: 105 11-28
crank: 105 r7000 50-34

Unfortunately the extension bar sent was wrong n few screws missing for stem cap. will be sent later (i may need to return current extensions). Paint job was good, but unfortunately theres a scratch on fork, probably during photoshoot (they made a vid on their insta/youtube).

As of right now im stuck with the basebar internal route hole on left side is obstructed  cable cant go thru

ejump0:
More pics.
The FD hanger is removable. And on toptube(i forgot to snap pic), theres some kind of batt holder for di2. Its removable, so i removed it to drop weight

some scratch n chip only on fork. i did address to TanTan rep(a lil dissapointed after paying a lot for paintjob), but probably will cover with clear nail polish.
However pics n vid doesnt really justify the painjob. They even put glitter bits that shines under bright light.

the yellow circle is where housing gets stuck. im still poking with metal wire to grind whatever in there to enlarge the route  :'(
/inner cable can go thru, but shifter/brake end big-bulb thing will get stuck

weights:
frame (with batt holder n fd hanger removed) +fork(steerer cut) + stem: 2.71kg
stem alone: 379g
frame only(batt holder n fd hanger still attached) : 1.6kg
*forgot to measure fork only

ejump0:
Since today is monday, i communicated about my basebar issue.
The rep will sort out a replacement basebar for me.

More pics on the saddle post mechanism. n said batt holder that goes inside top tube from the opening in front of saddle post

The saddle cage holder is full angle adjustable, n usable in single or dual bottle cage mode

/oh well, my build is further delayed

VinceFontaine:
Hi,
good job so far. Did you experience any other issues yet? Like bottom bracket not precisely cut/grinded out, etc? How much was the paint job?
Looks sick btw.

I was thinking about either getting the TT912 as well as the frame set, or choose the complete bike for 2500€ on ali and then replace/upgrade parts bit by bit

cheers!

ejump0:

--- Quote from: VinceFontaine on February 19, 2024, 04:15:07 PM ---Hi,
good job so far. Did you experience any other issues yet? Like bottom bracket not precisely cut/grinded out, etc? How much was the paint job?
Looks sick btw.

I was thinking about either getting the TT912 as well as the frame set, or choose the complete bike for 2500€ on ali and then replace/upgrade parts bit by bit

cheers!

--- End quote ---
Hi there
Thanks. The TanTan IG vid already made the frame looks stunning.
this paintjob was charged usd280. i believe they have tiered paint job pricing (mono colour, twin color, full funky pattern etc). Originally i was going for full budget build n thinking to just stay original black. But 1 of my colleague talked me into making it unique n dont too cheap out on something that probably lasts years :P

So far i have not installed the bb yet as it will be last step. but the consensus with chiner frame(at least discused on bb thread here) is to go with threaded bb as this will help align straight. I hope i dont have loose cup issue.

Originally i wanted to go 1x 12 setup, but there is no mechanical 12sp bar-end shifter solution so i settled for 11sp. I dont know about other countries policy, but where im at items below ~usd300 are import-tax exempted. Thus buying parts saperately greatly saved me a lot, as im only taxed on frame (already had the wheels).

if you are considering full bike offering, maybe you could engage communication with them on option for certain part swaps possibility (you save the hassle of fitting issue of said part, china-china cheaper shipment etc)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version