Author Topic: Racework is peddling $hit.  (Read 638 times)

Serge_K

Racework is peddling $hit.
« on: February 22, 2024, 09:02:43 AM »
Quick public service announcement.
Racework is peddling $hit.

1. I broke at Racework non drive side crank arm while tightening with a torque wrench, it broke at around 6nm. I've installed 4, 1 broke. I know how to tighten bolts on carbon stuff. There's no indication of torque spec, so my only suggestion is if you have them, put loctite and tighten to 5. I dont know if that works / is enough torque. Usual crank arms are 12-14nm...

2. A friend heavily dented and bent the small ring on a 50-34T front ring. Yes he's probably a savage, but it was his FIRST ride. He was on a calibration ride to fine tune FD & RD, i dont know what he did, but it seems unreasonable that you should trash the rings after dropping the chain a few times. We're probably going to replace both rings now.

3. The bar tape they sell is the absolute worst i've ever used. It lasted a grand total of 200km before delaminating.

4. I ordered YBN 12s chains from them, and they sent me 11s.

5. Their road pedals that are labeled carbon are just pedals with a carbon looking sticker on them. It's cringe and disingenuous.

I bought all that from Shenzhen Inte Sports Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba. They since then left Alibaba so i can't interact with them there, and Alibaba said i'm on my own. Their logo was the racework logo. Their username had racework in it. I tried to contact them by email several times and no response.

I wish them the worst.
If Racework people see this, please contact me and do what's right.

Eddy_Twerckx

Re: Racework is peddling $hit.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 08:26:16 PM »
Haha, I too bought a 12s YBN chain and got an 11s one. No worries because I got a full refund so I basically got a free 11s chain. Funny that I’m not the only one.

dsveddy

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 05:13:37 PM »
They actually asked me to return it. So I posted it back. Supposedly my shipping fee will be refunded?

Serge_K

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 04:50:39 AM »
They actually asked me to return it. So I posted it back. Supposedly my shipping fee will be refunded?

What did you return?
I know Temu and Aliexpress have European hubs for example, so if you return stuff, sometimes they send you a prepaid label and it goes back to their sorting center. Usually sending stuff back to China is stupidly expensive.

dsveddy

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 01:37:49 PM »
What did you return?
I know Temu and Aliexpress have European hubs for example, so if you return stuff, sometimes they send you a prepaid label and it goes back to their sorting center. Usually sending stuff back to China is stupidly expensive.

I had bought a chain but they sent me a chainring. I'm guessing they had me return to the US hub but they didn't send me a prepaid label. The app told me to pay for shipping, enter a tracking number, and promised that I would get a chance to submit my receipt and get the return shipping cost refunded. I did as I was told and was never given an opportunity to enter my return shipping fee. So I ended up getting a refund on the item but I also ate the $10+ cost on return shipping. Super disappointed by this experience.