Author Topic: New Chiner aero frame  (Read 1177 times)

radfactor

New Chiner aero frame
« on: March 04, 2024, 04:25:49 AM »
Early last week, my Chiner frame contact shared to me a good looking aero-ish frame, quiet aggressive geometry with decent weight which can consider light for aero frame.

I've pulled the trigger and decided to buy this one for my next project, all Chiner bike including Wheeltop EDS for groupset and Chiner wheelset (probably by Elitewheels or Pro X Carbon). Attached here some of the pictures provided to me.

I'll share more updates once the frame completed.

toxin

Re: New Chiner aero frame
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 05:21:28 AM »
I mean this is just a straight sl7 copy

radfactor

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 07:40:10 PM »
Yes I thinks it's almost similar with SL7 but seat tube look a bit thicker and some geometry measurements are different.

ilja

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 12:40:03 AM »
Do you have a link to this frame you could share? I'm looking for a frame for a 193cm tall rider (6ft 3), and this looks like a good option.

Seems there aren't many modern frames (through axle, internal routing, disc brakes) available for taller riders (stack ~405, reach ~610). besides the TanTan X-34.

toxin

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 05:32:42 AM »
Yes I thinks it's almost similar with SL7 but seat tube look a bit thicker and some geometry measurements are different.

the seat tube is thicker cause it's cheaper/easier to make, the geometry is fudged just for the sake of it like with all of these copies

radfactor

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2024, 09:43:54 PM »
You got a sharp eye sir. I just received the frame yesterday and it's almost look like a generic SL7-ish frame. Only some parts are different.
the seat tube is thicker cause it's cheaper/easier to make, the geometry is fudged just for the sake of it like with all of these copies

Shinobi_77

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 09:03:11 PM »
Would you mind sharing the pics and weight of your frame?
It looks quite appealing  :)

radfactor

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2024, 10:33:40 AM »
The weight is 940gm for size 45.
To judge with my untrained eye, the frame looks great, with a beautiful paint job and neat finishing.

Would you mind sharing the pics and weight of your frame?
It looks quite appealing  :)