Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Winowsports TT-119 - New Disc Time Trial Frameset

<< < (7/7)

Serge_K:
Ouch. It's hard to tell from the pictures w/o seeing it irl, in the sense that you do need a void to compress the column, and the expansion plug typically has a lip that sits above the steerer, but it does look too short. Intellectually, i agree that you would expect the second bolt to be tightening over an area with steerer, not just void. Not hard to imagine a horror scenario where the stem / bar just pops off the steerer because 2 bolts work, but 1 bolt doesnt.

Kingy:
I recently ordered one of these frames. I've just had confirmation the paint job is done so it should be sent out shortly! I'll report back once I get it to see if I have any of the same issues as the others in this thread.

For the bike setup I've mostly gone with Shimano 105 mechanical with Onirii BR-05 brakes. Once it's built I'll throw out a list of parts and the total price.

BadIdeasMakeGoodStories:
Replacing the stem that it shipped with with a PD Tri Stem that still allows for routing out the back into the top tube resolved the issue with slippage around the steerer.

What's shipped requires an absurd amount of torque to actually deform enough to properly clamp the steerer -- I recommend sourcing your own cockpit and riser+extension hardware from somewhere else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version