Author Topic: Winowsports TT-119 - New Disc Time Trial Frameset  (Read 6397 times)

jhearrtot

Re: Winowsports TT-119 - New Disc Time Trial Frameset
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2024, 03:30:02 PM »
Info for anyone else who may be purchasing. Spacer bolts are M5, I bought sets in 20mm increments from 40-100mm from Bolt Depot for <$10 to play with pad height. I believe the spacers are compatible with the PD A3A riser kit, but have yet to order and check -- still getting other aspects of the fit dialed.

Some niggles:

- the hardware holding the arm rests / clamping the extensions is incredibly soft. I recommend replacing it right away.
- had to sand down the seatpost to allow for movement within the seattube
- bottle cage mounts are too far down the downtube to mount a standard bottle cage. Even with a sideloader the rear wheel cut out is too large to allow the bottle to sit flush. Might be fixed on larger sizes, but if even a 54 is too small I doubt it. Using a Wolftooth B-Rad to move it farther up the downtube for now, and planning to try the Cervelo aero bottle, which looks like it may clear.
- Stem clamps from only one side and has a weak hold on the steerer. Needs to be torqued to 6-7Nm or it still wants to turn. Going to try adding some carbon paste and see if that helps.

a bit out of topic but what powermeter are you using with the zele cranks?

I have the same cranks and deciding whether to get a spider based or pedal based PM.

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2024, 07:57:31 AM »

a bit out of topic but what powermeter are you using with the zele cranks?

I have the same cranks and deciding whether to get a spider based or pedal based PM.

I am using a SRAM Quarq. If you intend on purchasing an aerosensor at some point there's possibly some merit to opting for a dual-sided pedal system. Quarqs are nearly as good, ~1/5th the price, and allow for experimenting with aero pedal options.

jhearrtot

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2024, 08:09:22 AM »
I am using a SRAM Quarq. If you intend on purchasing an aerosensor at some point there's possibly some merit to opting for a dual-sided pedal system. Quarqs are nearly as good, ~1/5th the price, and allow for experimenting with aero pedal options.

Thank you!

poeperman

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2024, 02:25:29 PM »
how does it ride?

I'm 185cm, so about 6ft1...

Winow advises a 58, but i'm afraid it will be too big

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2024, 01:21:00 PM »
The bad: harsher than my TCX which is by far the least comfortable bike I've ever ridden - that's meant to give you feedback when you're running 12psi on extremely variable surfaces.

The good: for training there's clearance for 32-33mm tires. You could run 40-50psi no problem.

merlin

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2024, 08:12:48 PM »
I received the frame. The steerer tube is cut way too short. The top pinch bolts on the supplied stem are above the tube. I’ve requested a new fork that isn’t cut so short. Stem is bad anyway but at least it shouldn’t be unsafe to use it. 19mm of exposed steer tube and the stem has a 29mm clamping area.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 09:02:44 PM by merlin »

merlin

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2024, 07:36:19 AM »
how does it ride?

I'm 185cm, so about 6ft1...

Winow advises a 58, but i'm afraid it will be too big

I’ve only ridden it once outside with a steer tube extension plug while I wait for new fork. Been just using it on the trainer due to safety.

It felt great with 32mm tubeless tires at around 60psi. Aero position felt solid. I’m running 2x SRAM AXS with mech hydraulic breaks. They don’t feel as good as true hydraulics but no issues stopping down a fast descent.

I took BadIdeasMakeGoodStories advice and swapped the riser bolts. Does feel more secure than when I tried it with the supplied ones on the trainer.

I got a 54.  Im 182.5 cm tall with an 82cm inseam. With short legs long torso I wanted a smaller frame.  I’m running a 110mm stem currently. I could have made a 56 work but the geo compared to other companies and my road bike I’ve been using with clip on aero bars made 54 seem the better fit.

Kitty_BIKE

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2024, 02:31:59 AM »
Dear Chinertown friends. Here is the link about TT119, you can check it.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007166498310.html?spm
Hi! I am Kitty from the winowsports factory.
- AliExpress store: WINOWCYCLE/FINTOWON
- INSTAGRAM:winowsports_cycle
- Whatsapp:+86 13713542654
- Email: Kitty@winowsports.com

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2024, 07:24:52 PM »
I’ve only ridden it once outside with a steer tube extension plug while I wait for new fork. Been just using it on the trainer due to safety.

It felt great with 32mm tubeless tires at around 60psi. Aero position felt solid. I’m running 2x SRAM AXS with mech hydraulic breaks. They don’t feel as good as true hydraulics but no issues stopping down a fast descent.

I took BadIdeasMakeGoodStories advice and swapped the riser bolts. Does feel more secure than when I tried it with the supplied ones on the trainer.

I got a 54.  Im 182.5 cm tall with an 82cm inseam. With short legs long torso I wanted a smaller frame.  I’m running a 110mm stem currently. I could have made a 56 work but the geo compared to other companies and my road bike I’ve been using with clip on aero bars made 54 seem the better fit.

Any issues with your stem slipping / rotating around the steerer? I've been putting off swapping it out for a PD Tri stem because I don't want to deal with recabling / bleeding the front end, but might see if Winow will replace mine if it's possible it's a one-off issue.

merlin

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2024, 02:49:37 PM »
Any issues with your stem slipping / rotating around the steerer? I've been putting off swapping it out for a PD Tri stem because I don't want to deal with recabling / bleeding the front end, but might see if Winow will replace mine if it's possible it's a one-off issue.

I ended up paying a "discount" for a new fork, painted, and shipped. Bit annoying but still cheaper than a new frame and trying to return this.

I have it setup with a $20 120mm road stem I got off Amazon. Torqued to 5mm. Absolutely no slipping since both bolts are on the steer tube. I've ridden outside for a few 1hr training rides and the bike has been excellent.

Does mean I have the cables running outside the stem, which is fine for now.  Using mech cables means I need to avoid as many hard bends as I can.

I may move the saddle back 10mm and move to a 110mm stem to get the weight a little further back on the bike. The PD tri stem looks like a possible good upgrade if I can get a 105mm stem to work for me with the current extensions. I will probably need to replace the cups with ones that can adjust longer.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 02:57:30 PM by merlin »

rockerplates.de

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2024, 11:13:33 AM »
I ended up paying a "discount" for a new fork, painted, and shipped. Bit annoying but still cheaper than a new frame and trying to return this.

I have it setup with a $20 120mm road stem I got off Amazon. Torqued to 5mm. Absolutely no slipping since both bolts are on the steer tube. I've ridden outside for a few 1hr training rides and the bike has been excellent.

Does mean I have the cables running outside the stem, which is fine for now.  Using mech cables means I need to avoid as many hard bends as I can.

I may move the saddle back 10mm and move to a 110mm stem to get the weight a little further back on the bike. The PD tri stem looks like a possible good upgrade if I can get a 105mm stem to work for me with the current extensions. I will probably need to replace the cups with ones that can adjust longer.
ok, so winow made a mistake and you had to pay for it? this sounds strange...we are still looking for a solid source for our upcoming tt frame (we want to equip it with a full load of btas, rear bottleholders etc...and want to make it for a fair price...

merlin

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2024, 05:55:45 PM »
ok, so winow made a mistake and you had to pay for it? this sounds strange...we are still looking for a solid source for our upcoming tt frame (we want to equip it with a full load of btas, rear bottleholders etc...and want to make it for a fair price...

In my Aliexpress discussion with the representative, from what I gathered is that they don't believe there is anything wrong with the steer tube only being clamped by the bottom bolt of the supplied stem.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2024, 12:14:28 AM »
ok....
maybe the saleslady which is active here can jump into the discussion...
i think it is a major nono to treat selfcaused problems like this..

Serge_K

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2024, 08:20:14 AM »
In my Aliexpress discussion with the representative, from what I gathered is that they don't believe there is anything wrong with the steer tube only being clamped by the bottom bolt of the supplied stem.

Are you saying the steerer is so short that half the stem isn't clamping on the steerer, and they're telling you that's fine?
That'd be ridiculous.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

merlin

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2024, 11:45:45 AM »
You can see here. Only 19mm of exposed steerer tube on the original. The clamping area of the supplied stem is 29mm. They said it was normal for the tube to be slightly below the top of the stem.