Author Topic: Best TPU tube brand  (Read 743 times)

BeR

Best TPU tube brand
« on: March 25, 2024, 03:07:48 AM »
Hello,
According to you, what is the most reliable brand (and link on Aliexpress) :
- Ridenow
- Cyclami
- Geoid
- Other

joegal

Re: Best TPU tube brand
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 03:16:51 AM »
Good question.
I would also add Thinkrider to that list, as they often sell very cheap in the "3 for 4.99$" section.

However, my personal experience is limited to the old Ridenow 36g (black valve stem) and they were flawless. With the 19g Ridenow (transparent valve stem), I had one flat, but that would have been a flat with any tube.

BeR

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 03:49:09 AM »
Indeed, I forgot Think Rider. Ridenow seems to have a 26g with aluminium valve.

What is the max pressure inflate for those TPU ?

kbernstein

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 05:14:48 AM »
From monitoring the weightweenies thread with tons of experience it seems cyclami is rated a bit lower due to more frequent leaks and bad valve cores. I've barely ridden my ridenow in disc wheels but I just put the $2.50 thinkrider tubes this season on my rim brake bike and so far so good, even after potholes where I might have punctured with butyl. And I live in a very hilly area, 150km/3600m last week

RoadieMKD

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 06:10:16 AM »
Offbondage for me. Had 4 sets of ThinkRider and all failed at the valve stem/tube interface. When you compare the Offbondage to ThinkRider at the point of failure, the Offbondage is manufactured much superior and that involves multiple layers or boundaries of ultrasonic welding to assure airtight fit. They had a sale and were 8.5 Eur for a pair.

BeR

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 08:15:04 AM »
Offbondage for me. Had 4 sets of ThinkRider and all failed at the valve stem/tube interface. When you compare the Offbondage to ThinkRider at the point of failure, the Offbondage is manufactured much superior and that involves multiple layers or boundaries of ultrasonic welding to assure airtight fit. They had a sale and were 8.5 Eur for a pair.

What is the max inflate of Offbondage ?

RoadieMKD

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2024, 08:17:39 AM »
What is the max inflate of Offbondage ?
It is not specified, but I run 7bar (100 psi) on 24mm SWorks turbo tyres and have no issues. I'm 6 months with using them and still going strong.

Serge_K

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2024, 11:33:39 AM »
I think Offbondage wins, purely on a name basis. Imagine the flex of telling everyone you run offbondage tpu tubes. Five stars.

hazzer19

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2024, 12:12:25 PM »

kbernstein

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 12:34:01 PM »
Anyone tried the Magene TPU tubes? https://www.magene.com/en/exar/65-exar-tube-700c-ultralight-tpu-inner-tube.html

This guy, and I think GPLama had them too. Price seems a bit outrageous for what it is

johnnyboy4711

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2024, 04:28:37 PM »
Indeed, I forgot Think Rider. Ridenow seems to have a 26g with aluminium valve.

What is the max pressure inflate for those TPU ?

ridenow - never failed me boutght 8 Tpus road and gravel
buy thinkrider buy twice they are absolute junk

Stephiso

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2024, 08:28:22 AM »
Just bought 3 Ride Now TPU tubes from Ali
2 for the bike with 1 spare.

1 had a leaky valve out of the box. Luckily Aliexpress was able to refund me quickly and i'll just have to order one or 2 more.