Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Best TPU tube brand

<< < (12/12)

OralMaster:
I am trying out a new brand called OVTK for both my gravel and road, i think its sold on aliexpress but im getting them from taobao. they made a video on why TPU shouldn't be so thin and most TPU brands do not control the circumference of the tube. The bonding of the valve to the tube plays a huge part as well.

after trying out the 19g Ridenow and having them not last more than 2 rides, i am convinced to run slightly thicker TPU tubes

【教授单车OVTK山地公路自行车折叠车TPU超轻内胎安装详解教程-如何避免爆胎、漏气。】 https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1z14y1d7Vb/?share_source=copy_web&vd_source=e267faed3a20f56e8561577c077b5fe6

Sebastian:
Yeah. I prefer the 36g Ridenow tubes for this reason. They’re still durable enough to quickly change them on the side of the road without fear of damaging them. And they’re light and supple enough for me. And you can still take three of those with you for the weight of one butyl tube.  The 18g versions are pushing it too much I fear.

coffeebreak:
The 18g ones are impossible to patch up too. The thicker, heavier ones are better in that the patches adhere well and don't leak air. My experience anyway. I have thrown away a bunch of 18-24g tubes after one tiniest of leaks.

kubackje:
I also use 36h RideNow version and they are doing good. As for patching the RideNow patches are absolute trash, therefore I buy cyclami patches and they hold really well. Heard good things about park tool patches also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version