Author Topic: Best TPU tube brand  (Read 6229 times)

BeR

Re: Best TPU tube brand
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2024, 12:28:58 AM »
Do your inflated inner tubes extend far enough where the two parts are sealed together? I have one that doesn't widen enough at this point. The inflated tire therefore shrinks on the sides at this location.

Sebastian

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2024, 04:17:58 AM »
Yes, I had one Ridenow inner tube with exactly this problem. Not sure anything can be done about this? I ended up ditching it.

BeR

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2024, 05:08:00 AM »
Yes, I had one Ridenow inner tube with exactly this problem. Not sure anything can be done about this? I ended up ditching it.

I don't think so. I tried to keep inflate at high pressure my tire but It did not do anything.

I don't know if It happens often.

jeffrey

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2024, 06:42:42 AM »
Yesterday the Thinkrider tube I had in my back wheel just exploded and tore off a stretch of the tire clincher. Looks like the failure started near the valve, the tube probably was around the 1000 km range.
Luckily I was on flat road and not going fast so I could stop with no problems.

Will be trying RideNow or some other brands here recommended now.

BeR

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2024, 06:51:01 AM »
Yesterday the Thinkrider tube I had in my back wheel just exploded and tore off a stretch of the tire clincher. Looks like the failure started near the valve, the tube probably was around the 1000 km range.
Luckily I was on flat road and not going fast so I could stop with no problems.

Will be trying RideNow or some other brands here recommended now.

It's scary. What pressure was the tire inflated to?

jeffrey

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2024, 08:23:56 AM »
It's scary. What pressure was the tire inflated to?

It was around 6-6.2 bar in a 28 mm tire

jonathanf2

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2024, 10:44:55 AM »
I'm running a ThinkRider tube on one of my bikes, but I'm only at 70 psi on 28c tires. I find these TPU tubes don't need to be inflated as highly as butyl or latex. maybe 5-10 psi under.

SirBikealot

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2024, 01:11:04 PM »
It was around 6-6.2 bar in a 28 mm tire
that's a lot. i run 4,9/5,1 on 28mm Schwalbe one which measure 30mm on the rim and i'm 110kg in system weight.

Fatbonzo

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2024, 01:09:04 AM »
I'm using RideNow 42g on my Gravel and Offbondage on my road.

I still add some air before every ride, might be micro leakage, like mentioned by some  :-\
No issues besides that.

BeR

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2024, 02:31:18 AM »
I'm using RideNow 42g on my Gravel and Offbondage on my road.

I still add some air before every ride, might be micro leakage, like mentioned by some  :-\
No issues besides that.

Ridenow with plastic or metal valve ?

amacal1

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2024, 02:50:03 PM »
I had gotten some purple OFFBONDAGE tpu tubes earlier in the year as my first experiment with tpu. I had a particularly difficult tire to mount and was really dismayed when I finally got it mounted and the tube was leaking at the valve. I had bought from Amazon so I returned them all and just decided to go tubeless.

Local LBS convinced me to try again for another bike I have with 23c tires. The mechanic there is really chill and was not interested in selling me anything. I asked him if he knew of any better brands he had tried and he just shrugged and said he had good luck with various cheapo brands from Amazon. I just installed some of the RideNow 36g tubes with the plastic valves and they seem fine. Installed well, no leaks, and just rode about 50 miles on them so far.

jeffrey

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2024, 02:40:19 PM »
that's a lot. i run 4,9/5,1 on 28mm Schwalbe one which measure 30mm on the rim and i'm 110kg in system weight.

I will try to ride at a lower pressure, thanks. I'm kind of a cycling newbie and my Decathlon tire sidewall says "minimum 6 bar" so I complied  ;D

kbernstein

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2024, 02:48:20 PM »
3 ridenow tubes and 2 thinkrider tubes here... No leaks, hold air very well (esp the thinkrider, as good as butyl), and have definitely sustained conditions that would have gotten me punctures on butyl before. Very happy with both

BeR

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2024, 12:34:11 AM »
Have you seen a real improvement of rolling resistance compared to a butyl inner tube ?

RoadieMKD

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2024, 01:42:06 AM »
Have you seen a real improvement of rolling resistance compared to a butyl inner tube ?

Huge and very noticeable difference. Same tires ride very differently with butyl and TPU tubes. Will never go back to butyl tubes.