Author Topic: Tavelo Aero Frame  (Read 1815 times)

dumbmachine

Tavelo Aero Frame
« on: April 03, 2024, 09:27:17 AM »
Heard about it on Chris Miller's pod. Looks the same as propel with a mini sniffer headtube.
Haven't seen all the colors yet, but I think I'm in love. If only get it in India was easy.

Pictures: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5HTrMtuEhT/

patliean1

Re: Tavelo Aero Frame
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 09:58:48 AM »
I am way beyond the point of gratuitous consumerism and hoarding bikes. But I really want one.

My current Tavelo Attack is fantastic especially with a great set of wheels. It's light and very responsive. The only thing holding it back from being perfect given the price, is I would love a bit more reach. The geometry is more of an all-arounder than aero.

The new Tavelo Arow frame solves both the reach and stack issues for me. And the design means I could probably theoretically dump both my Attack and Propel frames. I think this new frame will be more popular than even the new Winspace Agile.

toxin

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 10:07:14 AM »
looks way more interesting that the attack, that felt like the most generic dropped stays frame I've seen in my life and was basically an open mold frame

edit: this is the Adapt  QX-B01 frame http://www.adapt-bikes.com/Products-detail?product_id=95

that being said it's not a bad design, front end is  straight up a stevens arcalis, which tests very fast, rear end is tavelo attack
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 12:47:21 PM by toxin »

dumbmachine

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 11:28:29 AM »
I am way beyond the point of gratuitous consumerism and hoarding bikes. But I really want one.

My current Tavelo Attack is fantastic especially with a great set of wheels. It's light and very responsive. The only thing holding it back from being perfect given the price, is I would love a bit more reach. The geometry is more of an all-arounder than aero.

The new Tavelo Arow frame solves both the reach and stack issues for me. And the design means I could probably theoretically dump both my Attack and Propel frames. I think this new frame will be more popular than even the new Winspace Agile.

Being nearly half the price of your propel and giant issues ;), propel might turn into a regret after this.

hagerd

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 06:02:28 PM »
Dang this frame looks nice, I may need to buy this.

Shinobi_77

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 10:01:39 PM »
Some locals here in Japan shared the weight of the frame and it looks NAISU
Standard 810gr
Super Light 710gr
not sure for which size, but I have to say t looks very decent....

Hopefully the prices will remain decent as well.
A bad exampe could be Winspace with it's Agile frame, it is already too close to western brands and I can purchase 2nd hand SL7 (non S-works) frames cheaper in JPN.
Like the Agile frame direct from Winspace ends up to be 300.000JPY, while a used SL7 frame is ~250.000JPY. With that pricing it is rather pointless to opt for direct China frames.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?story_fbid=1146515660020662&id=100039867169403

Serge_K

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2024, 12:17:54 AM »

A bad exampe could be Winspace with it's Agile frame, it is already too close to western brands and I can purchase 2nd hand SL7 (non S-works) frames cheaper in JPN.
Like the Agile frame direct from Winspace ends up to be 300.000JPY, while a used SL7 frame is ~250.000JPY. With that pricing it is rather pointless to opt for direct China frames.

I'm not a specialized fanboy, but you would be crazy to spend more to get a winspace than an sl7. Just for further resale value alone.
China learns. China started manufacturing, poorly then well, started by copying, then started inventing and more and more is now innovating. Winspace is an example of China starting to brand. Branding doesn't make a product better per se, but it does make it more expensive. Which is why this forum is largely about buying OEM frames from factories or brokers like velobuild who are basically a distribution channel for OEM frames.
Farsports is another example of China starting to brand. Their handlebars winning the Olympics was a key moment for them. They make great wheels but their pricing has gotten less and less appealing as they grow as a brand.

PLA

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2024, 01:12:28 AM »
I'm not a specialized fanboy, but you would be crazy to spend more to get a winspace than an sl7. Just for further resale value alone.
China learns. China started manufacturing, poorly then well, started by copying, then started inventing and more and more is now innovating. Winspace is an example of China starting to brand. Branding doesn't make a product better per se, but it does make it more expensive. Which is why this forum is largely about buying OEM frames from factories or brokers like velobuild who are basically a distribution channel for OEM frames.
Farsports is another example of China starting to brand. Their handlebars winning the Olympics was a key moment for them. They make great wheels but their pricing has gotten less and less appealing as they grow as a brand.

799usd shipped for a set of modern width carbon rims laced with sapim spokes to dt350 hubs is petty damn appealing to me. Farsports is great. Their branded stuff can essentially be ignored. I think it was a failed experiment.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2024, 07:34:44 AM »
looks way more interesting that the attack, that felt like the most generic dropped stays frame I've seen in my life and was basically an open mold frame

edit: this is the Adapt  QX-B01 frame http://www.adapt-bikes.com/Products-detail?product_id=95

that being said it's not a bad design, front end is  straight up a stevens arcalis, which tests very fast, rear end is tavelo attack

Not a huge fan of the BB86. Not a great setup for larger diameter spindles. Was hoping for something like a T47.

esdrus

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2024, 12:52:22 PM »
Standard 810gr
Super Light 710gr

I am pretty sure these values are not correct, given the weight of the current attack bike. Maybe if they would use a lot more t1000 carbon wich would cause a big increase in price.

RDY

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2024, 01:19:39 PM »
I am pretty sure these values are not correct, given the weight of the current attack bike. Maybe if they would use a lot more t1000 carbon wich would cause a big increase in price.

Man hours are far more expensive than higher modulus carbon.  But they may choose to charge a lot more if it has a competitive and desirable feature (light weight).  I doubt those figures for anything except an XS or S though.

Waiting to see geo.

PLA

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2024, 12:20:35 AM »
Standard 810gr
Super Light 710gr

Hopefully the prices will remain decent as well.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?story_fbid=1146515660020662&id=100039867169403

Exactly. Get a way better frame cheaper is a no brainer.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Shinobi_77

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2024, 05:56:52 AM »
New video out but no further details yet, might be coming with the Shanghai Bike Show?
https://youtu.be/AMvbUHrR-O8?si=5C42Wrl1dHtXJrdN

toxin

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2024, 08:43:30 AM »
I still wanna know who is actually developing these bikes. Are Tavelo actually doing anything here or are they just buying the mold from Adapt?

Also Adapt claim 870 g for size M