Author Topic: Tavelo Aero Frame  (Read 6059 times)

boxof13

Re: Tavelo Aero Frame
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2024, 11:41:06 AM »
Preorder is now available on Panda podium, $1880 USD for the standard version and $2380 USD for the ultralight version... Pretty expensive..

That is indeed a little more expensive than the other chinese frames, but still in line with that the other chinese premium brands are offering. Elilee and Seka are also offering two versions of their frames at around same price(s), but at least you get handlebar included in the price for Elilee. In that regard, Elilee offers slightly better value. I already had my Elilee for quite some time now and have been enjoying it so much, but the new Tavelo Arow and SEKA Spear intrigue me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 11:51:08 AM by boxof13 »

toxin

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2024, 02:16:38 PM »
Seka, bross, elilee aren't open mold though

Macedingle

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2024, 07:11:21 PM »
The price is extremely disappointing, and I would even start to argue against the spirit of this forum. I think many people on this forum want high-quality carbon frames for less than mainstream brands and at that price point you might as well buy a specialIzed Or a giant or a Trek

patliean1

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2024, 07:37:16 PM »
Very fair point about the current pricing of both Winspace and Tavelo. But if they are both in fact sourced by Adapt, it's a shame we don't see more bike builds and conversations on their frames on this forum. Especially if we are to assume the quality/fit finish is nearly the same if true.

The question becomes:
1. Does Adapt not (easily) offer up B2C sales?
2. Are people generally just not interested in their frames?

If it's the latter then it's odd to use the Winspace open-mold talking point if people just aren't interested in Adapt's offerings to begin with.

toxin

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2024, 07:52:03 PM »
Winspace being open mold was better hidden for a while. I would expect adapt don't sell d2c from how barebones their website and range of offerings on it is, so they've never attempted to make themselves known to the public.

Nadeshiko

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2024, 02:47:57 AM »
Very fair point about the current pricing of both Winspace and Tavelo. But if they are both in fact sourced by Adapt, it's a shame we don't see more bike builds and conversations on their frames on this forum. Especially if we are to assume the quality/fit finish is nearly the same if true.

The question becomes:

If it's the latter then it's odd to use the Winspace open-mold talking point if people just aren't interested in Adapt's offerings to begin with.

I have contacted people i know in the industry and the answer is:
Adapt does not offer (easily) B2C sales at all. You need some pretty deep connections to get them to entertain such an idea.

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2024, 05:10:05 AM »

The question becomes:

I emailed Adapt to buy a frame and they said no, they wouldn't sell directly to consumers.

Tavelo, Nich, and 1OF1 are all using the Adapt frame. My issue has always been price. People don't want to spend $2000 for an open mold frame. Heck, most people don't want to spend $1500 for an open mold. That's why I never even seriously considered a Winspace. The Adapt looks good, but I'm not spending that on an open mold frame. Maybe for a Bross or Seka that's in house, but even that I'd like to see more reviews of quality and long term durability. Over $2000 for direct to consumer is a tough sell when you can get local shop support with a big brand for $1000 more. Which in my book is worth it. Parts availability, shops in every bigger city, mechanics that are familiar with the brand, warranty support. That's the premium you pay for the big brands. With an open mold, I know what to expect and work on the bike myself. You get a deal but you know you don't have that brand support. At $500, that's worth the trade. $2300? Nope. Not when you can probably get an SL7 for that price.

toxin

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2024, 06:02:29 AM »
Reportedly the front end is incredibly flexible

Shinobi_77

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2024, 06:51:27 AM »
A clear pass to me. Not worth the risk and hazzle.
I wish Tavelo all the best with that pricing policy.
Myself just pulled the trigger for a almost new Scultura 9000 with Alu rims yet full R8100 for less than 2400€. A way better package and value if you ask me.
Now I'm looking forward for some new wheels from the Shanghai bike show and that the Yen comes up in value again and then I'll upgrade. Current favourite by quite some margin is 9Velo with carbon spokes.

toxin

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2024, 07:20:13 AM »
9velo is just off the shelf farsports parts. You can get it all directly from farsports

Shinobi_77

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2024, 07:43:33 AM »
Really? But the hubs and spoking looks different.
As a bonus, the price for 9Velo seems better value to me.
At least from what I can see.
My 9Velo preference is the CD2.0 in 45mm. Less than 1200gr...

patliean1

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2024, 09:29:05 AM »
Tavelo is releasing an "Ultralight" version of their Arow for $2400. Yikes...

My Giant Propel Advanced Pro frameset cost me $3000 before tax. Even included carbon bottle cages designed for the frame  ;D. Granted their in-house carbon SLR stem cost $400, but you can totally find cheaper stems compatible with Giant's OD2 steer tubes.

Where it get's tricky though is you run the risk of voiding your warranty should you opt out of having the LBS build the bike, which is an additional cost.

Macedingle

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2024, 10:01:59 AM »
Tavelo is releasing an "Ultralight" version of their Arow for $2400. Yikes...

Really wondering if these increased prices are because of the contractions in the industry so they have to raise prices, or they think their product is equal to west brands so they want to price the same?

toxin

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2024, 10:29:33 AM »
Really? But the hubs and spoking looks different.
As a bonus, the price for 9Velo seems better value to me.
At least from what I can see.
My 9Velo preference is the CD2.0 in 45mm. Less than 1200gr...

Wheelsfar.com

zxcvbnmjm

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2024, 11:16:15 AM »
Really wondering if these increased prices are because of the contractions in the industry so they have to raise prices, or they think their product is equal to west brands so they want to price the same?

Keep in mind that retail price in china is 11500rmb(usd1600) and 14500rmb(usd2000), not pandapodium prices

And i think a lot of these chinese brand's target market are in china, not overseas so theyre priced accordingly to the market there