Author Topic: Winspace SCL 2 disc  (Read 555 times)

Pswiss

Winspace SCL 2 disc
« on: April 07, 2024, 06:03:27 AM »
 :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 03:08:35 PM by Pswiss »

Takiyaki

Re: Winspace SCL 2 disc
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 06:28:23 AM »
Nice bike! Looks big for a 52. Did you manage to weigh the frame?

RDY

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 07:13:19 AM »
I just finished building a Winspace SLC 2 disc, size 52.
I previously had a Ridley Xtrail carbon which I was using as a road bike. Unfortunately I had a crash with a car back in November. The car was coming in the opposite direction, turn left, cut my lane and I crashed into it at 44 km/h. "Only" the hip dislocated, 4 days in hospital and 8 weeks of crotches.

Ordered the frame end of December on sales, around USD 1000 all in. The first frame was not perfect, headset bearing seat oversized and bottom bearing undersized 
They replaced with no discussion based on my pictures and video.
Replacement frame better but not perfect either.

I mostly used the parts I recovered from the Ridley

What a BB ... wall thickness way higher in places than others, looks like they've used an electric sander with 50 grit sandpaper to 'smooth' it, and it doesn't look round even to the naked eye.

Serge_K

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2024, 10:31:41 AM »
Makes you wonder about work ethics over there. Why try to sell yourself as premium when you make oval holes of the wrong size. Either they do zero QC, in which case, why the premium badge, or they do QC and deliberately ship out trash hoping that the customer won't complain?
And yeah, that BB looks pretty bad, the uneven wall thickness looks pretty dramatic.
I find the whole Chinese "branded" segment that's fueled by YouTubers very confusing. On this forum, winspace, yoeleo, Seka seem to have some of the worst reputations.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 11:23:07 AM »
Makes you wonder about work ethics over there. Why try to sell yourself as premium when you make oval holes of the wrong size. Either they do zero QC, in which case, why the premium badge, or they do QC and deliberately ship out trash hoping that the customer won't complain?
And yeah, that BB looks pretty bad, the uneven wall thickness looks pretty dramatic.
I find the whole Chinese "branded" segment that's fueled by YouTubers very confusing. On this forum, winspace, yoeleo, Seka seem to have some of the worst reputations.
I would guess that they do ship it deliberately and hope the customer is not smart enough to see there is a problem.

patliean1

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2024, 12:37:44 PM »

Gentle reminder that corporations, marketing agencies, and YouTubers are all in the business of making money as first priority. Even if a YouTuber refused to accept any product "for free", they are still monetizing their videos on said products. Pro bono does not exist.

No brand is exempt from problems and defects. And every product review paid or not will have some measure of bias. The only true solution for a potential new customer is to simply invest their own money and purchase the bike/frame themselves. And then form their own opinion.

I believe Winspace is dealing with an overstock problem, and are trying to clear out old frames/wheels. Which is strange considering they are backlogged with Agile frame orders. Perhaps it's a financial issue too.

Pswiss

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2024, 03:04:52 PM »
What a BB ... wall thickness way higher in places than others, looks like they've used an electric sander with 50 grit sandpaper to 'smooth' it, and it doesn't look round even to the naked eye.

Naked eye is deceiving, the only way to check roundness is with a vernier calliper. It is round within 40.92 and 40.94 which was slightly undersized but not oval and certainly cannot be detected by the naked eye.
The so caller " 50 grit" is only due to the quality of the picture which distorts the reality,  BB has been machine very smoothly equivalent to using around 200-300 grits
The wall thickness is questionable indeed
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 11:57:03 PM by Pswiss »

Pswiss

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2024, 03:13:28 PM »
I would guess that they do ship it deliberately and hope the customer is not smart enough to see there is a problem.

Customers are dumb indeed. Even the smart keyboard warriors ridding with a loose headset and commenting here but not even able to read the initial post. Go figure...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 12:06:03 AM by Pswiss »