Author Topic: What are the recurring big sales on Ali?  (Read 480 times)

00Garza

What are the recurring big sales on Ali?
« on: April 11, 2024, 11:15:27 AM »
So I'm feeling a little bit of regret not pulling the trigger on some items from the recent sale. I figure I could just wait til the next big sale, but I don't really know when that is?

These are the sales I know of. Let me know if I'm missing any.

New Year/Chinese New Year
Anniversary sale

Are these the big 3? Are there more?

jonathanf2

Re: What are the recurring big sales on Ali?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 11:23:00 AM »
I didn't remember the Anniversary sale being this good in previous years. I think the next big one will be the June summer sale. There's a chance AliEx might amp up the coupons during some of the smaller sale dates.

https://promossale.com/aliexpress-sale-dates-2024/

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 11:36:02 AM »
I didn't remember the Anniversary sale being this good in previous years. I think the next big one will be the June summer sale. There's a chance AliEx might amp up the coupons during some of the smaller sale dates.

https://promossale.com/aliexpress-sale-dates-2024/
Yeah, the 120$ off was one of the biggest I've seen recently and prices were also low for a lot of stuff. So I doubt there will be anything that good in the foreseeable future.
But I must say it looks like Ali is doing a lot of sales in the past year or so. There were coupons again just last week.

Serge_K

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 02:24:36 PM »
China is in bad shape economically, and they've seen deflation while the rest of the world has seen inflation.
Bike specifically, prices have been falling, inventory piling up.
Past performance is no sign of future performance, it would actually make sense to have more inducements this year if they're trying to move stock and stimulate demand.
Also with the global economy slowing down, we could expect shipping prices to come down, and a fair bit of the what you spend on aliexpress is actually shipping cost, because that "free shipping" isn't free, although part of it is often subsidized by Alibaba.

Either way, if you're looking at big ticket items, it's worth using the messaging app to see what the seller has to say, you may get a good deal, extra coupons & so on.

AzureEssence

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 09:36:06 AM »
11-11 sale on Elitewheels ENT-MTB was probably the best deal I've ever got. $307 shipped after tax for a fantastic wheelset. If we ever saw near that price again I'd probably get another set just to have a spare.

coffeebreak

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 10:35:49 AM »
Those Choice Day sales are getting better too. After my LTwoo ER9 order was botched, the next day Choice sale started and after coupons it was only $20 or something more than Anniversary sale price.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 10:10:38 AM »
Next sale starts at 15 april I see.