Author Topic: Spcycle New Mold G068 Carbon Gravel Frame  (Read 1537 times)

Noladutch

Re: Spcycle New Mold G068 Carbon Gravel Frame
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2024, 09:05:49 PM »
I agree on a need for 50mm tires.  This frame looks like it could be used for bikepacking/touring with the placement of all the threaded bosses.  I wonder if someone will make a gravel geometry hybrid frame that can fit boost/148 rear wheels, and 110 front hubs.   (I suppose the rear frame geometry is too short to accommodate a 148 wide rear triangle and either a 73 or 83mm wide bottom bracket.)

They do it is the focus atlas. Boost spacing normal crank spacing

The wider hubs make stronger rims is the only real reason for it. Most don't want the wide q factor of mtb crank standards on a drop bar bike.

planet_sammy

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2024, 04:48:15 AM »
Anybody get response from David, I wrote him a mail last week, no answer...?!

us84

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2024, 02:15:09 PM »
Anybody get response from David, I wrote him a mail last week, no answer...?!

I wrote him last week as well and still waiting for a reply. I would like to get more information about the frame, as pricing, release date...
What is your opinion about Spcycle as brand at all? Had anybody already gained some experience with it?
For me it would be the first Chinese frame  ::)

maui400

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2024, 02:40:11 PM »
I got an answer concerning weight:

Thank you for following and contacting us.
SP-G068 has currently completed sample manufacturing. The sample size is size M, the frame weight is 1120g, and the fork weight is 445g, excluding metal accessories. The downtube of the G068 is very large and thick, so it’s difficult to make it very light.
We are considering using full T1000 carbon to make this frame. It is expected that the mass production version will be size L and weigh 1100g.

best regards

David

He didn't answer my question regarding price. But I would imagine it is similar to the other gravel frames. That would be quite ok :-).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 02:42:35 PM by maui400 »

spcycle

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2024, 04:15:45 AM »
I got an answer concerning weight:

Thank you for following and contacting us.
SP-G068 has currently completed sample manufacturing. The sample size is size M, the frame weight is 1120g, and the fork weight is 445g, excluding metal accessories. The downtube of the G068 is very large and thick, so it’s difficult to make it very light.
We are considering using full T1000 carbon to make this frame. It is expected that the mass production version will be size L and weigh 1100g.

best regards

David

He didn't answer my question regarding price. But I would imagine it is similar to the other gravel frames. That would be quite ok :-).

The G068 front triangle is longer than other gravel frames, requiring the use of more material. In addition, more T1000 Carbon needs to be used to reduce frame weight. Therefore, the price of G068 will be more expensive than G056 and G058.