Author Topic: Value of Orome Valar TH50D  (Read 308 times)

Artyiom

Value of Orome Valar TH50D
« on: April 17, 2024, 10:11:19 AM »
Hello everyone,

I recently decided to buy a road bike including chinese components (wheeltop eds tx, cybrei carbon crankset, elves falath pro frame,...).

It's my first road bike. I'm pretty sure for all the coponents I just quote but about the wheels I'm not decided yet.

Elves propose in a set with the frame the Orome Valar TH50D wich look pretty good, but I only see reviews about elite wheels, lĂșn, etc...

The wheels : https://de.elvesbike.com/products/orome-valar-th50d-carbon-road-disc-brake-wheelsets,-disc-brake-carbon-wheels-superlight-carbon-disc-brake-wheelsets?VariantsId=10838

Does anyone know these wheels and are they nice for the price ?

I'm looking for something reliable, light stiff and confortable.

Thanks for your opinion !

Serge_K

Re: Value of Orome Valar TH50D
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 12:53:56 PM »
You can get cheaper with the same specs, without all the Xmas tree decals. You can look up Yuanan on this forum and chat with Leon on whatsapp, or with Peter from carbonspeed (petercycles@...). Both are 1 forum search away.
That said, the price difference won't be huge.
With the current aliexpress sale, you may get something from farsports for the same price, and i'd go farsports over elves any day of the week.
If you want to future proof your wheelset, you may want to buy 31-32mm wide rims, that's what i'd do.

Have you looked at Elves on this forum? I have the impression that their frames have a pretty bad reputation, especially given the price point.

Artyiom

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 02:54:47 PM »
Thanks for your return @Serge_K !

I'll check for Yuanan and farsports then.
I'm looking for an aero design not too high, 50mm seems to be like a good compromise.

I read plenty of good returns about Elves, and after a check on this forum of all topics including "falath pro", I never read anything negative...
Maybe my research are not efficient  :'(

Serge_K

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 03:27:16 PM »
to be fair, it could be in my head.
If it's your 1st road bike, have you looked at the geometry? the frame looks really strange, if you end up having to use all the spacers on the steerer, it's going to look horrible no?