Author Topic: GCN just reviewed Sava  (Read 1225 times)

Manfrotto

GCN just reviewed Sava
« on: April 20, 2024, 12:11:35 AM »
Simon from GCN was in the states at Sea Otter and did a tech video. He showed off the Sava Dream Maker. I have never heard of the brand but they now have a US distribution centre. The prices are very cheap for full bikes just need a set up when they arrive like Canyon. Does anyone have any experience with them. Are those Shimano parts genuine do you think?

Casio20

Re: GCN just reviewed Sava
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 02:16:35 AM »
The look is just absolutely amazing, more news apreciated

zerstorer

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 02:27:55 AM »
It has been on AliExpress for more than 6mths:

SAVA New Dream Maker Full Carbon Bike with SHIMAN0 Di2 8170 24S Hydraulic Disc Brakes Aerodynamic Design Race Class Road Bike
https://a.aliexpress.com/_opvDrbg

Was originally interested and I asked for the details. But one look at the geometry and I decided it wasn't for me.

zerstorer

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 02:35:06 AM »
The stack is low and the reach is long and there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust it.

I think anyone who can ride in this position is sure to be aero.:)

kbernstein

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2024, 02:59:23 AM »
i hope that thing doesn't take off (metaphorically). this should remain nothing but a concept bike imo
integrated handlebars is one thing, STI is another, but a whole proprietary fork+handlebars combo? we need to go back. maybe not to downtube friction shifters but what's next? onepiece frame and seatpost? oh wait. shifters welded to handlebars from the factory, claiming a 40% stiffness improvement? this whole thing is ridiculous, convenience and fit be damned. it's probably not even faster

toxin

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 03:21:38 AM »
They didn't review shit, just showed it off. There were supposed to be a lot of different cockpit options available to suit anybody but beats me where that is, maybe its available for china.

Ar26

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2024, 10:29:44 AM »
They have a lot of humor: 11566.89 euros (why not three numbres after the decimal point as for the petrol) for the Ultegra Di2. Even on sale at 5783.45 euros, several options from renowned brands are available to us

toxin

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2024, 10:47:27 AM »
The listed prices on ali are never real, 99.95% of the time the "discounted" price is the real price

jonathanf2

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2024, 03:08:18 PM »
 I don't get why all the hate for the frame, it's not like they're forcing anyone to buy it. Love it or hate, it even got GCN's attention. I'd say the publicity has worked in Sava's favor.

Sava has more traditional bikes in their line-up and the builds look quite respectable in terms of components and weights.

toxin

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2024, 03:13:16 PM »
It's not hate it's valid criticism that it's an objectively bad design if you actually want to make money selling it. I think it's the coolest looking bike out there and I'd love to have one just for the sake of it, but I'd never spend money on it if I wanted a bike to actually use
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 03:30:07 PM by toxin »

PLA

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2024, 03:35:47 PM »
I don't get why all the hate for the frame, it's not like they're forcing anyone to buy it. Love it or hate, it even got GCN's attention. I'd say the publicity has worked in Sava's favor.

Sava has more traditional bikes in their line-up and the builds look quite respectable in terms of components and weights.

Awesome man, when are you taking delivery of yours? Looking forward to the review.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Manfrotto

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2024, 04:03:20 PM »
They have a lot of humor: 11566.89 euros (why not three numbres after the decimal point as for the petrol) for the Ultegra Di2. Even on sale at 5783.45 euros, several options from renowned brands are available to us

Not sure what you're reading, but those are not SAVADECK-BIKE.COM prices. The most expensive SAVA bike is the Falcon 9.0 Di2 with Dura ace at $5999USD.

Manfrotto

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2024, 04:05:27 PM »
Funny that because if they reviewed the bike they'd be reviewing shit, also.

OK Karen. You seem to be a troll based on your other posts.

Manfrotto

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2024, 04:08:15 PM »

It appears from the nonsense in the hate there's some other brand bots. Nothing that was said had any factual basis which was what the OP was about. Have you any experience or information about them? All we got from the haters was BS.

toxin

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2024, 06:12:22 PM »
How is it bullshit to call the cockpit that has zero adjustability, terrible ergonomics and is clearly even more of a pain in the ass to service than even a regular fully integrated bar, bad design? Explain to me, in detail please so my simple bot intelligence doesn't make the wrong conclusions, just how this design is not objectively unappealing from a user experience standpoint.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 06:14:38 PM by toxin »