Author Topic: DT 240EXP hub clones Goldix, Venfort  (Read 34267 times)

maui400

Re: DT 240EXP hub clones Goldix, Venfort
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2024, 03:48:41 AM »
Or maybe you could try to stretch the spring a little, so it will put more force on the assembly

That also came into my mind. I'm just afraid to bend it too much on one side and make it even worse that way.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2024, 03:51:24 AM »
That also came into my mind. I'm just afraid to bend it too much on one side and make it even worse that way.

Well, they way I see it, you ain't got much to lose...

maui400

« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2024, 03:54:56 AM »
Well, they way I see it, you ain't got much to lose...

I depends. If the issue comes from somewhere else, I might have to get a new ratchet unit in order to obtain the spring.

filipes

« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2024, 07:44:29 AM »

Hi guys,
I have the Goldix EXP 240 MTB hubs (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003014289678.html) for 4 months now. I rode the in the bike park in heavy rain. Even after doing some pressure cleaning - No problems. While maintaining all other parts I also checked the inside of my rear hub. As mentioned all looked pretty decent. The last days I rode my bike again. Uphill, no big deal. But just at the end of the trail the moving ratchet must have gotten stuck somehow. My first pedal stroke at the bottom of the trail went into the void. Also the hub went dead silent when coasting. No engagement at all. Not even slipping/skipping teeth.
The issue seemed to have been fixed easily by removing and reattaching the freehub body. The sound was slightly different though. Back home I took the hub apart, cleaned everything thoroughly  and used only a very thin coating of grease plus a few drops of Fox 20WT Gold. The sound was became super loud but crisp after reassembly.
Today I went for a test spin. Uphill again no problem, even with some hard cranking. Happily I went into some fairly rocky, but fast trail. Again just before the end at full speed my bike suddenly became dead quite. I directly knew that the freehub ratchets got disengaged again. No pedaling possible. Again I just pulled the cassette , including the freehub body off the rear hub and reattached it. The ratchets had contact again.

This is so weird. I think the moving part of the ratchet is being pushed into a jammed position being unable to return. My guess is that either the moving ratchet part is being held back by sticky grease (unlikely) and the spring is too weak to push it loose. Or the "rail teeth" of the moving part get locket up with the rails of the freehub body. Also strange because I cleaned everything and regreased all with 20WT Gold in the first place. And the parts also don't seem to look worn.

Did anyone experience some similar issue or has an idea how to fix that?

Exactly the same problem, or at least exactly the same symptoms. I notices, that outer part of ratchet got stuck in the freehub body, like there is too much play between ratchet and freehub and ratchet to not travel perpendicularly to the freehub body. Any kind of greasing did not helped, new Goldix ratchet in the same freehub did not helped, stronger spring did not helped. Finally I swapped outer part of ratchet with different 36T ratchet, actually from ZTTO and it works flawlessly for more than 1 year.

maui400

« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2024, 03:36:44 PM »
Wow, that's interesting. I will have a look at ZTTOs ratchet. But for now Goldix is sending me a new ratchet to try.

filipes

« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2024, 03:21:14 AM »
Wow, that's interesting. I will have a look at ZTTOs ratchet. But for now Goldix is sending me a new ratchet to try.

They also sent me new rather after posting a photos-videos or half ratchet stuck in the freehub body. But new ratchet did not helped, IMHO to problem is that ratchet is too loose in freehub body and there is a space to get jammed there away from the second part of ratchet and therefore dis-engage from each other until you open it, free it and temporarily fixed it.

Please report back if their new ratchets are may be a little big bigger in diameter or may be freehub body more tight.

maui400

« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2024, 06:15:59 AM »
Ok, that make sense. I will report back if the issue further exists with the new ratchet.

jannmayer

« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2024, 12:39:39 AM »
I'm up to about 1200 miles on my Goldix 240EXP hubs and one of the freehub bearings is pretty crunchy. All of the other bearings on both hubs feel smooth, but I will order a replacement set so I can replace them when they fail.

The freehub bearings were pretty easy to remove. How do I get the hub bearings out? The axle is pressed through the bearings and it pretty snug. I gave it a few taps but it didn't budge, and I didn't want to bang on it too hard.

(The freehub uses a pair of 6802 RS bearings. Both the front and rear hubs use 15267 2RS bearings.)