Author Topic: SPCycle (R065 T1000) Aero  (Read 1606 times)

Tigersprung

SPCycle (R065 T1000) Aero
« on: June 03, 2024, 02:07:15 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was a silent reader so far but now I've been looking for a cheap Crit frame for some time and came across SPCycle. What confuses me is that are two different offers for the disc aero frame:

They look the same to me, however they have a slightly different pricing. I haven't read anything bad so far, but that doesn't boost confidence. Anyway, does anyone have any experience with this model?

Thanks

(If this kind of thread/buying advice is not welcomed here, pls delete).

PLA

Re: SPCycle (R065 T1000) Aero
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2024, 07:54:10 PM »
They're both $528..

Tigersprung

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2024, 10:44:52 PM »
Oh yeah, in USD that's the case. Not when I switch to EUR.

Serge_K

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2024, 02:45:30 AM »
i considered SP Cycle when i bought various frames in the last 2y. i have never found people saying bad things about them, but for some reason, they seem much less popular than the likes of Velobuild and others.
This model wasn't available when i bought my long teng, otherwise i probably would have bought that, because it's a newer model than my LT.
It ticks a lot of boxes for an aero frame in 2024.
SP Cycle is the same as Tideace, Haideli, Disai and more. I posted last week on that, someone else here is looking at this frame i think. So you may want to email all these people to see what's what.

soloconjotto

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2024, 04:06:49 AM »
I’m really close to order this frame as well. Right now, it would cost me 500 € plus tax and customs, when I order on AE, since they got a sidewide discount code (80 dollars on 499 dollars of spending). Seems pretty attractive with handlebars and chameleon paint.
The only reason I hesitate is, whether I‘d pioneer on the SP-Cycle or go with one of the well tested options on this forum: Light Carbon LCR017 or Velobuild 268. I‘m uncertain if I would like the more aggressive look of the Canyon Aeroad or the pleasing look of the other two options. SP Cycle R065 all the way in chameleon could be something, which I dislike after a couple of years, too, I‘m afraid.

I‘m also wondering, at which point of the order I get to choose the size of the handlebar/stem combo or if they only allow that option, when ordering on their website.

Besides that: maybe someone could join this topic with the older, existing one below?

Tigersprung

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2024, 04:29:40 AM »
I’m really close to order this frame as well. Right now, it would cost me 500 € plus tax and customs, when I order on AE, since they got a sidewide discount code (80 dollars on 499 dollars of spending). Seems pretty attractive with handlebars and chameleon paint.
The only reason I hesitate is, whether I‘d pioneer on the SP-Cycle or go with one of the well tested options on this forum: Light Carbon LCR017 or Velobuild 268. I‘m uncertain if I would like the more aggressive look of the Canyon Aeroad or the pleasing look of the other two options. SP Cycle R065 all the way in chameleon could be something, which I dislike after a couple of years, too, I‘m afraid.

These are also exactly my thoughts.

I‘m also wondering, at which point of the order I get to choose the size of the handlebar/stem combo or if they only allow that option, when ordering on their website.

Seems not possible via AE, at least I see no option for choosing the handlebar. To which country you would order?

soloconjotto

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2024, 07:00:41 AM »
Shipping to Germany. Same for you, I assume.

There has to be some kind of communication after the purchase. At least for the colors, otherwise there wouldn't be an option to choose, which solid oder metallic coloring you'd like.

Coupon should be valid till friday. Maybe I'll figure out the sizing until then, too. Canyon and Spcycle both advise the same size. Canyon named it M, Spcycle L. Seems as if Spcycle just took the chart and size recommendations of the Aeroad.
I'm 1,83 with 88 cm legs and I am at the upper top of that range. So kinda unsure, if a XL with my relatively long upper body and high flexibility isn't an option.

Tigersprung

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2024, 08:34:03 AM »
I just wrote them regarding the handlebar option on AE.

If I get a response in time, I will order the XL frame (which is with 1,88m a pretty clear choice, I think).

soloconjotto

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2024, 02:04:52 AM »
Well that was quick. Didn't receive an answer by David, when asking via their website but received an instant reply, when asking on AliExpress.

We can make this silver chameleon. The price is 90USD more expensive than the black frame. When you place an order, you can note the handlebar size in the order message.
thank you
David

Tigersprung

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2024, 04:52:26 AM »
Yes, same for me. So I will try it, I think.

soloconjotto

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2024, 01:17:38 AM »
So in case, somebody else is thinking about this frame.
Right now it's $640, when buying on AE via Seller's shipping method so that no additional fees, customs, taxes etc. should apply.
Regular pricing on the website is $720. All said for chameleon paint and a frame with handlebars.

Anybody else interested in buying the R065, yet?
Any known issues with SP-Cycle or the frame in particular so far?
Any thoughts before buying this over VB268 or LC 017?

Serge_K

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2024, 05:35:27 AM »
Any known issues with SP-Cycle or the frame in particular so far?
Any thoughts before buying this over VB268 or LC 017?

Have never heard bad things about SP Cycle (and i looked).
All else equal, which means assuming they all fit you just fine and so on, the 065 is more aero, the 017 is more of a climbing bike, and the 268 is the most versatile of the 3. It may or may not matter to you. I'd say that if all your riding is on flat, dont get the 017, and vice versa. The 268 should be apt everywhere, but you may like a chunkier looking frame.
Either way, all 3 models are very recent, so you'd be getting the latest layup tech available at these price points, so i dont think you can go wrong. Assuming you're in the northern hemisphere, it's quite late in the season already, so you might want to choose based on who's got inventory. For eg. the 017 is notorious for its delays because it's brand new. I would assume that VB would have the fastest turnaround because they sell so many frames to people on this forum. A bike you can ride is more important than the absolute most perfectest bike, especially given the relatively low price point.

Ar26

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2024, 07:05:00 AM »
As the owner of an LCO17, it rolls very well on the flat with 45mm wheels. I don't feel any aerodynamic brakes because of the wider diagonal tube at the bottom. For information, a water container is wider than the frame. In this case, all the frames would therefore be less aerodynamic as soon as you put bottles (???). You have to see the purchase of a bike as a whole (frame + wheel). You can buy a great tennis racket and a string that is unsuitable for your game. First of all, it is the geometry to favor and that is personal.

jonathanf2

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2024, 09:37:43 AM »
I've mentioned on here before, but SP Cycle ships fast if they have a frame in-stock. My last frame I bought from them took exactly 14 days from China to my front doorstep. I'd buy from them again if they had a frame I wanted.

soloconjotto

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2024, 12:06:07 PM »
Thanks for those replies and thoughts! I really appreciate it.

In terms of the use-scenario it‘s a mid-thing here in East-Germany. If I drive north its flat, going south I got my 500m ascends. So something of all in a good mix and the R065 should handle that well, if it behaves a bit like an Aeroad. I was definitely looking for something more Aero, so that I will combine the frame with Elite Drive 50mm wheels and a SRAM Force. Since the wheels and the shifters are the last missing parts, I am not in a hurry at all, though. Fast shipping actually would be a problem to me, since 5 wks of vacation are ahead.
I will start building the bike in nov. or dec. earliest. Some ride on my Wahoo Kickr to figure everything out and do the fitting and then head out in march.

I am really curious about the first R065 builds in this forum, I will probably add mine, if I really do one more tiny step and order it till tomorrow.