Author Topic: Just ordered the Winspace C5. Appreciate Ali tips on Shimano Groupsets  (Read 919 times)

Manfrotto

After long deliberation and a lot of comparisons, ordered the C5 in Roubaix colour. Any tips on Ali Express sites for groupsets appreciated. Looking for wireless Di2 Ultegra. Probably will not worry about a crankset because will get a Magene spider power meter.

jefflinde

Check out Merlin cycles. They have the best prices on shimano and actually have sales on the Di2 stuff.  Usually their groups come with a crank but you could always sell it. They rival Ali express in price and for me in the US at least the shipping is like 2 days vs a a few weeks.  Plus it is all legit and covered by warranty since it is an actual shop selling it.

Otherwise just search Ali express ad piece together what you want. Most sellers tend to have and then not have stock so I have to source from different ones each time I am looking.

repoman

I've bought grey market groups on Ebay for both Shimano and Sram, last one was 105 Di2 with good luck. 
Massive discount with the caveat that there is most likely no warranty.

jonathanf2

After long deliberation and a lot of comparisons, ordered the C5 in Roubaix colour. Any tips on Ali Express sites for groupsets appreciated. Looking for wireless Di2 Ultegra. Probably will not worry about a crankset because will get a Magene spider power meter.

I'd probably go the Ebay or used route for Ultegra Di2. 105 Di2 seems plentiful on AliEx though.

Manfrotto

Check out Merlin cycles. They have the best prices on shimano and actually have sales on the Di2 stuff.  Usually their groups come with a crank but you could always sell it. They rival Ali express in price and for me in the US at least the shipping is like 2 days vs a a few weeks.  Plus it is all legit and covered by warranty since it is an actual shop selling it.

Otherwise just search Ali express ad piece together what you want. Most sellers tend to have and then not have stock so I have to source from different ones each time I am looking.

Yeah good point. Been waiting 4 months for Merlin to get 165mm cranks. So I guess I could just suck it up and sell the 170s when they arrive

bball3r823

Keep us update on the build and please let us know how the bike rides.  I'm also interested in this bike but can't find many reviews on it.

Yeah good point. Been waiting 4 months for Merlin to get 165mm cranks. So I guess I could just suck it up and sell the 170s when they arrive

165mm cranks have been sold out or on back order for ages. Has everyone been moving to 165mm length cranks? Is there a fad or some recent sport science that came out showing clear benefit of 165? Or is it just the upcoming Tour de France and Olympics that teams are hoarding them? Just a few thoughts I've had.

toxin

Probably just lower supply because of the outdated standard of 170+ cranks

Bigbobby1482

Just a note about the magene PM. I have the PES P505 base, and with 105 di2 the front derailleur will sit really close to the crankarm less than 1mm gap, no matter how you adjust it, to avoid chain rub. This wasn't an issue on 105 11 speed.
I've seen on forums like weightweenies, people has also complained about this with this crankset. Just so you are aware.
I've tried spacing it out, but that didn't help :/

numberzero

165mm cranks have been sold out or on back order for ages. Has everyone been moving to 165mm length cranks? Is there a fad or some recent sport science that came out showing clear benefit of 165? Or is it just the upcoming Tour de France and Olympics that teams are hoarding them? Just a few thoughts I've had.
This is the "pogacar effect". Everybody wants shorter cranks now.

In my case 165 for road bike feels more natural, is great for cadence, without thinking i gain between 5 and 10 rpm, a bit easier to accelerate and put immediate power.
For me it's another way to pedal and produce power with more cadence so less torque to apply.

On mtb i will probably stick to 170 because it's harder to just sit and pedal 90-100 rpm, but i'm probably sure i won't go back bigger crank arms.

Wildh24

Just a note about the magene PM. I have the PES P505 base, and with 105 di2 the front derailleur will sit really close to the crankarm less than 1mm gap, no matter how you adjust it, to avoid chain rub. This wasn't an issue on 105 11 speed.
I've seen on forums like weightweenies, people has also complained about this with this crankset. Just so you are aware.
I've tried spacing it out, but that didn't help :/

You been happy with the magene?

Manfrotto

Probably just lower supply because of the outdated standard of 170+ cranks
no it is the correct size for short people.

Manfrotto

Everything ordered.

• 9Velo wheels. Used the Hambini 10% off.
    Hambini BB
    Ali Express for Lizard Skin bar tape, Ryet 3D saddle, carbon bottle cage holders, TPU tubes, pedals, chain stay protector
    Facebook market place got a brand new Dura Ace 9200 groupset for half price after an aborted build by a guy
    Transferring the 165 cranks off my BMC and will put the 170s back on to sell it

tyres the only thing I bought local and found a 10% coupon for P7 Pirellis.