Author Topic: T47 DUB CHINESE BOTTOM BRACKET  (Read 420 times)

Casio20

T47 DUB CHINESE BOTTOM BRACKET
« on: June 16, 2024, 01:16:09 PM »
I'm in the market for a new bottom bracket and unfortunately the variety is big and the experience with any Chinese manufacturers are very limited.

Can you please help ti advise, i found kactus bb which looks promising, but also Ztto and many othe companies for the fraction of the price.

I have no idea about the differences and what to buy or look forward to.

Please support, thank you

Chiyou

Re: T47 DUB CHINESE BOTTOM BRACKET
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2024, 02:34:10 PM »
Firstly, make sure that whatever bottom bracket you end up buying matches your exact T47 standard; SRAM for example lists these different options:
T47 (Road & Road Wide) 68 mm
T47 (Road & Road Wide) 77 mm
T47 (Road: 85.5 mm)
T47 (Road Wide: 85.5 mm)

Looking at Kactus vs. ZTTO specifically, the former uses ceramic bearings mostly while the latter uses steel bearings. Ceramic bearings are roughly 2 to 3 times more expensive than steel bearings, hence the price difference between the two. High-quality ceramic bearings perform marginally better than high-quality steel bearings; it's highly doubtful though whether your typical AliExpress bottom bracket contains high-quality bearings of any kind, be they steel or ceramic. Which doesn't mean that you shouldn't expect some useful life out of them.

Both ZTTO and Kactus are reasonably established players, making them reasonably safe bets. Whether they offer a better cost-to-performance ratio than SRAM (or any other manufacturer) is anyone's guess.

Casio20

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2024, 01:08:00 AM »
Thanks a lot for your support

bremerradkurier

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2024, 09:27:03 AM »
I have BB86 thread together bottom brackets from Wheels Manufacturing and Kactus-the threads appear to be finer on the WM part and the overall finish quality is higher as well.