Author Topic: Help choose Hygge, ICAN or Tideace frame  (Read 288 times)

Allan_Hun

Help choose Hygge, ICAN or Tideace frame
« on: June 29, 2024, 09:56:26 AM »
Hello
I want to replace my old Bianchi vertigo. Im basically looking for an affordable frame with relatively relaxed geometry, flat mount disc brakes, and clearance for minimum 30mm tires (actual measured width)
I like aero look but don't want a heavy or soft frame.
Last but not least I want a frame that is safe and with low probability for issues -like misaligned bottom bracket or brake mounts...
I have seen the hygge model s -and really like the way it looks. After reading about the hygge it doesn't seem to have a lot of problems.
It's rather lightweight and the price, including EU tax and shipping, seem competitive.
ICAN also seem like a relatively safe purchase with competitive prices including eu tax and shipping.
Tideace also offer some t1000 eps frames with reasonable eu prices.
Wouldn't a T1000 EPS frame, all else being equal, be stiffer and or stronger than a T800 frame like hygge -Or is EPS just smart marketing?
Hambini's ICAN frame was very clean. Is that normal ICAN standard or a "hambini special" ?
I would also like to know what affordable (including eu tax and shipping) brand people generally consider most likely not to come with somewhat serious issues?

Macedingle

Re: Help choose Hygge, ICAN or Tideace frame
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2024, 08:12:38 AM »
The difference between T1000 and T800 is indistinguishable as they do not note what % of the frame is made from the higher fiber. For example they could just put a few pieces of it on the seat tube and call it “made with T1000”. I believe Hygge and ICAN would be a better choice for you as they have a longer track record. I went with a Winspace, but ICAN was my #2 choice