Author Topic: Rondo frames supplier?  (Read 270 times)

SZDW

Rondo frames supplier?
« on: July 02, 2024, 09:22:17 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've noticed that Rondo produces some fantastic bikes, but I've heard that they don't manufacture their carbon frames in-house—they source them from an external supplier. I'm really interested in one of their frames, but unfortunately, it's not available on Rondo's website.

Has anyone come across this frame and could possibly tell me who the supplier might be? I'd love to get in touch with them directly. I'm very keen on building a bike with this frame, especially because of its aggressive road geometry, the ability to fit 650B wheels, and the adjustable front axle mount, which would be perfect for some occasional gravel rides with friends without needing a second bike.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide!

toxin

Re: Rondo frames supplier?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2024, 03:46:40 PM »
as in someone else does the development and manufature and they just put a sticker the bike, or they give the design to a factory who then makes the bike for them? cause the latter is the case for 99% of the bike industry

SZDW

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2024, 02:02:51 AM »
Oh, okay, I didn't think it could be organized like that. I thought maybe these were some "off-the-shelf" models offered by various factories that someone might have seen on the manufacturer's website without any stickers.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2024, 02:12:19 AM »
Oh, okay, I didn't think it could be organized like that. I thought maybe these were some "off-the-shelf" models offered by various factories that someone might have seen on the manufacturer's website without any stickers.

These do not look like open mould frames :)

I am 99.9% certain you won't find these frames outside of Rondo.