Author Topic: Merida Reacto Integrated Cockpit  (Read 789 times)

BikerJens

Merida Reacto Integrated Cockpit
« on: August 05, 2024, 02:07:49 AM »
I have been lurking here for a long time and picking up good tips on wheels and power meters. I have just invested in a Merida Reacto, where I have mounted 60 mm X-SLR Elitewheels and a Magene PES P505 power meter with accompanying chainrings.

I am just missing the final touch in the form of a new handlebar. Preferably an integrated cockpit (120/400).

The top models come with Vision Metron 5D, and I have looked at some "copies" on AliX, but I don't know if that's the way to go. Do you have any recommendations?
I'm not a weight weenie. At 200 cm in height and 87 kg in weight, I rather want it as stiff as possible.

At the same time, feel free to recommend value-for-money handlebar tape as well as other potential upgrades.

Thank you  8)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 03:19:32 AM by BikerJens »

Tall person with gigantic CdA

Shinobi_77

Re: Merida Reacto Integrated Cockpit
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2024, 12:44:15 AM »
Got myself a Scultura 9000 with the Team SL cockpit.
Great piece of Carbon.
Yet I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't have bought this as an upgrade. Maybe like of FarSport would be a great way to start.
In the past I did also made good experience with OG Evkin, some parts seems to be also available from Kocevlo for a lower price though.

BikerJens

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2024, 01:30:32 AM »
Got myself a Scultura 9000 with the Team SL cockpit.
Great piece of Carbon.
Yet I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't have bought this as an upgrade. Maybe like of FarSport would be a great way to start.
In the past I did also made good experience with OG Evkin, some parts seems to be also available from Kocevlo for a lower price though.

The Team SL do look nice for the Scultura! But I think it's a bit to "skinny" to match the Reacto (does that make sense?  :o )

Farsport is on the list, but the price is also well up there compared to some of the other Chinese brands. I also was thinking about The One.

Right now I think I'm going to try out the AirWolf HB009:
https://airwolfcarbonbike.com/product/airwolf-hb009-t1000-carbon-road-and-gravel-integrated-handlebar-inner-and-outer-routing-cable-carbon-bike-handlebar-380-400-420-44080-90-100-110-120mm/

I actually had that one home for my TCR. I just had not checked my clamp size, so it did not fit on the bike..  :-X But the finishing seemed great. So I might try again.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 02:12:01 AM by BikerJens »

Shinobi_77

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2024, 02:41:04 AM »
Have a look at the Kocevlo store on Ali, many options. Not the lightest out there, but shouldn't be a major issue on the Reacto.

BikerJens

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2024, 02:47:00 AM »
Have a look at the Kocevlo store on Ali, many options. Not the lightest out there, but shouldn't be a major issue on the Reacto.

Yeah. I have looked at them. I'm actually pretty sure that the Airwolf handlebar is just the unbranded version of the most common Kocelvo?

jfcb

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2024, 04:27:06 AM »
Personal recommendation is the Lexon Vero handlebar, which you can find on Ali as well. It's actually fairly light (320gr) and well priced.
I installed it on my bike without any issues and I was impressed by the build quality looking at the internals (though that does not say everything). It felt very stiff in sprinting (75kg) and comparing to some branded handlebars from my cycling friends the feeling was in line with i.e. a roval cockpit.
Unfortunately the cockpit was too low for me so I swapped back to my old stem-bar combo. So maybe that's a good remark as well: make sure you are sure about the geometry of the cockpit before ordering.

BikerJens

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2024, 06:09:10 AM »
Personal recommendation is the Lexon Vero handlebar, which you can find on Ali as well. It's actually fairly light (320gr) and well priced.
I installed it on my bike without any issues and I was impressed by the build quality looking at the internals (though that does not say everything). It felt very stiff in sprinting (75kg) and comparing to some branded handlebars from my cycling friends the feeling was in line with i.e. a roval cockpit.
Unfortunately the cockpit was too low for me so I swapped back to my old stem-bar combo. So maybe that's a good remark as well: make sure you are sure about the geometry of the cockpit before ordering.

Thank you! I like the look of it and what you're saying. Makes me a bit scared when I look at some AliX reviews and it have cracked around the screws.

I had a Ryet (same as Lexon I guess?) before on the TCR and that worked fine for me!