Author Topic: Frame for mix road/gravel use possible - SPcycle g056 build  (Read 5718 times)

Ultramic

Re: Frame for mix road/gravel use possible - SPcycle g056 build
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2024, 01:44:51 AM »
I just finished building up a bike using this frame, hit me up if you have any questions. Mainly for commuting but I can easily switch out the tyres for gravel use.

Kuni

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2024, 01:04:32 PM »
More parts, evosid crankset with 46T chainring, might be a bit too much for my wimpy legs, we’ll see

I just recently finished a G056 build for my wife, now considering one for myself.
I was wondering: did you mange to fit the 46T chainring on your bike? No problem with getting too close to the chainstay etc.?

On my wife's build it looks extremely close with a Sram Rival 40T. Might be due to the smaller size (XS)?

Also, how did you get the custom paint job done? Did you just order via their homepage and tell them what you want?

Would love to hear back from you!

Ludo

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2024, 01:26:17 PM »
I simply ordered on AliExpress and asked them for color mix, as long as it’s one of their main color they are ok with it, no extra cost.
I was travelling for the last couple of weeks, just got into the build last night. I was planning on running brakes hose and shift cable tonight so I should be able to do a quick test fit of the crankset

Ludo

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2024, 06:32:34 AM »
Slow progress, little time to work on it last night, and need to fix an issue with headset/spacers, gap is ginormous!
I guess I need to get the compression ring machined down…
Inside of the frame seems clean, hose/cable housing slide in without issue. Rubber grommet for the rear brake hose exit hole, no idea how to push it I place, the hose/grommet combinaison seems way too big to me. Messed with it for 15mins last night and gave up
Drive side of the T47 BB frame shell needed cleaning and it’s a bit tricky to get the BB outer shell to engage, but it fits, eventually
« Last Edit: September 25, 2024, 06:40:01 AM by Ludo »

hsaus

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2024, 07:22:26 AM »
Rubber grommet for the rear brake hose exit hole, no idea how to push it I place, the hose/grommet combinaison seems way too big to me.

My frame didn't come with a grommet for the rear brake hose exit hole, and the shape of the exit hole suggests that one isn't used. I got two sets of derailleur cable exit hole grommets though, one set for mechanical shifting and one set for electronic shifting.

Edit: Fix typo
« Last Edit: September 25, 2024, 10:40:48 PM by hsaus »

Ludo

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2024, 07:27:18 AM »
Ah that may be why then! I must be using the one for the mechanical shifting!
The brake hose is rather a lose fit more than press fit in the frame, I may just put some black silicone to seal that a bit better
Still waiting on seat post and a couple more stuff as well as my tools than I loaned to a friend to really speed things up. Dry fitting everything right now

rasch

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2024, 07:50:13 AM »
Slow progress, little time to work on it last night, and need to fix an issue with headset/spacers, gap is ginormous!
I guess I need to get the compression ring machined down…
Inside of the frame seems clean, hose/cable housing slide in without issue. Rubber grommet for the rear brake hose exit hole, no idea how to push it I place, the hose/grommet combinaison seems way too big to me. Messed with it for 15mins last night and gave up
Drive side of the T47 BB frame shell needed cleaning and it’s a bit tricky to get the BB outer shell to engage, but it fits, eventually
are those the frame spacers and hb? Doesn't look like a proper fit.

I'm thinking of getting one of these for me too.

Ludo

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2024, 08:35:06 AM »
No, I went for syncros creston copy, a bit of a gamble. The fit won’t be perfect but I think it will be acceptable once I get the compression ring machined to remove the 1.5-2mm gap
If I was to redo I would get a more generic/universal handlebar set up…
« Last Edit: September 25, 2024, 08:39:22 AM by Ludo »

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2024, 04:34:28 PM »
No, I went for syncros creston copy, a bit of a gamble. The fit won’t be perfect but I think it will be acceptable once I get the compression ring machined to remove the 1.5-2mm gap
If I was to redo I would get a more generic/universal handlebar set up…

Is this the compression ring that came with the frame or the bar ? I bought a Creston bar as well and the ring that came with it was noticeably thicker than the one that came with the frame. I ended up using the one that came with the frame.

Ludo

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2024, 07:12:31 PM »
I tried both and both are thick

hsaus

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2024, 10:44:17 PM »
We appear to have two separate threads for this frame. I'm also looking for a better headset compression ring, using the one supplied with the frame for now.

Linking my build report here for visibility and so we can better share what we find: https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3739.msg65794.html#msg65794

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2024, 02:16:35 AM »
I tried both and both are thick

Of the two sets of spacers I tried with my bar neither looked right on mine either. I think the only real solution is custom printing some for the 50mm head tube. The Creston bar is made for a Scott. I went back to the Roval bar on my bike which (IMO) looks perfect.

fhold

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2024, 09:32:54 AM »
I also plan to do a build based on that frame and would love to get you input on the specs below. Did i miss something/ anything wrong/ what could be improved? It will be my first build ever  ;D so any feedback is much appreciated!

Cheers Flavio

Frame   Spyclce G056 Set
Seatpost   Spyclce G056 Set
Headset   Spyclce G056 Set
Wheels   XMCarbonspeed D40CU-33 T800
Tires   Specialized Pathfinder Pro 38mm or Schwalbe G-One Speed 622-35
Tubes   TPU RideNow allroad
Saddle   ELITA ONE Carbon
Shifters   GRX Shifters 600
Bottom Bracket   Lingmai BB T47  86,5mm
Crankset   SENICX PR3 Gravel Crankset 42T 170mm
Chain   Ztto or YBN 11-S (SL)
Cassette   SROAD 11-42T Monoblock
Rear Derailleur   RD-RX812
Discbrakes (front/back)   BR-RX400
Rotors   Z-Race 160mm

Edited: had a typo in the listing seraph was wrong, it is of course spcycle
« Last Edit: September 26, 2024, 10:00:32 AM by fhold »

Ludo

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2024, 09:50:46 AM »
looks like a solid built sheet. Using seat post and handlebar from  frame supplier? not a bad choice.

Ludo

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2024, 09:54:48 AM »
Of the two sets of spacers I tried with my bar neither looked right on mine either. I think the only real solution is custom printing some for the 50mm head tube. The Creston bar is made for a Scott. I went back to the Roval bar on my bike which (IMO) looks perfect.

my plan right now:
machine the compression ring
put set screws between comression ring and top cover to move cover back as far as possible (around 1mm to be gained I think) and get a better alignement between the front opf the head tube and the headset cover
file as needed headeset spacers to have a good alignement betwee various spacer in the stack (probablu the headset cover and the 2 thisckiest spacers will be used)

once this is done I think the visual result will be good or at least good enough