Author Topic: Aftermarket Chainrings  (Read 1083 times)

kanuto

Aftermarket Chainrings
« on: August 18, 2024, 08:23:36 PM »
Hi Guys, im looking for a replacement chainring  fit for r8100.
Currently using the Fovno chainring but it does not shift very well and chain keeps on dropping during sprint which I did not encounter when using the shimano chainring.

Which one u can recommend?
R7100 chainring? <- this is a cheapest option close to my original chainring.
Passquest?
Stone?
Alugear copy on ali?

kubackje

Re: Aftermarket Chainrings
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2024, 02:39:53 AM »
Hi Guys, im looking for a replacement chainring  fit for r8100.
Currently using the Fovno chainring but it does not shift very well and chain keeps on dropping during sprint which I did not encounter when using the shimano chainring.

Which one u can recommend?
R7100 chainring? <- this is a cheapest option close to my original chainring.
Passquest?
Stone?
Alugear copy on ali?

Can't go wrong with Stone or Pass Quest. I've changed my dura ace chainrings to Stone and am extremly happy with how it works. On my 1x sram build I have pass quest and it's also top quality. No point in buying copies/fakes when u have those 2 brands.

ChrisB

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2024, 05:08:36 AM »
Even if more expensive Stone has become my Goto Chainrings, great quality and durability.
I had some bad experiences with Scenic and other suppliers where durability was not great.

BR Chris

kanuto

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2024, 07:56:41 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Pulled the trigger on the stone chainring.  Hopefully this performs better than my current crappy FOVNO

biceryder

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2024, 10:41:24 AM »
Just came here to say I purchased Stone 50/34 chainrings to run with a pair of Lexon carbon cranks.  They are pricier for Aliexpress parts but overall I have been quite
impressed.  Would definitely buy again.  Currently have about 400mi on the Stones.  No issues to report, yet.

mirphak

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2024, 01:57:07 PM »
+1 to stone and pass quest, very fine CNC they process they have.

kubackje

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2024, 02:00:34 PM »
They look absolutely stunning

James dean

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2024, 02:13:26 PM »
Just came here to say I purchased Stone 50/34 chainrings to run with a pair of Lexon carbon cranks.  They are pricier for Aliexpress parts but overall I have been quite
impressed.  Would definitely buy again.  Currently have about 400mi on the Stones.  No issues to report, yet.

How’s the shifting?

James dean

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2024, 02:23:55 PM »
Love this thread as all I use are praxxis or shimano.

biceryder

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2024, 02:26:15 PM »

How’s the shifting?

I am running these chainrings with a Wheeltop TX rim brake groupset.  Shifting between chainrings has been flawless so far.  I usually attribute poor FD shifting to an improperly tuned FD, or in some cases just a poor FD design (Sensah). 

James dean

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2024, 02:42:56 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply:)

Cold_Mind

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2024, 11:21:35 PM »
I have now ridden about 750km with this chainring. I must say I am very impressed, it functions perfectly!  8)