Author Topic: Cheap Chinese Gravel frames under USD 500  (Read 3920 times)

jonathanf2

Re: Cheap Chinese Gravel frames under USD 500
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2024, 07:19:03 PM »
With the upcoming sale, I'm thinking of the giving the Flyxii gravel frameset a try. It should be under $300 USD with coupons. It's semi-ICR, but it has that simple Crux-like geometry that I prefer.

00Garza

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2024, 10:36:33 AM »
With the upcoming sale, I'm thinking of the giving the Flyxii gravel frameset a try. It should be under $300 USD with coupons. It's semi-ICR, but it has that simple Crux-like geometry that I prefer.

You thinking of the FE-02 or FE-03? Both seem pretty capable.

lungrattler

Re: Cheap CX frame
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2024, 01:00:13 PM »
sidebar
looking for an out and out CX frame.
any recommendations?
thanks

The TanTan (Seraph) GR029 (also released under various names by other brands, i.e. Flyxii FE-806) is pretty close to the pre-gravelfied Crux.
Lots of folks have built these up in recent years, and was convinced myself by Adam Myerson, who has 3 of these built up. Great bike, can't complain at all.

jonathanf2

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2024, 03:02:22 PM »
You thinking of the FE-02 or FE-03? Both seem pretty capable.

The FE-02 is on sale with free shipping. I'd need to get a seat post, probably an Elita One. Though I already have an older gravel/cx frame that I'm running 1x GRX, but it's bugging me because the brake cabling is external. I'm also thinking of just getting the LTwoo eGR groupset. I've become spoiled by perfectly tuned shifting on my ER9 road bikes.