Chinese Carbon MTB > 26er & 27.5 (650b)

BXT 24" build

<< < (3/5) > >>

jefflinde:
I think it is like 28". My daughter needed 29" and it was able to do it.  The bigger issue is the frame stand over is about that so she does not have much room.  But she can ride it around this fall and in the spring we can get after it off road.

Ludo:
I wish there was some descent budget 24” fork with 50-60mm travel to lower the from some and reduce the stand over. Almost tempted to try some of the cheap Chinese options, bucklos/bolany

jefflinde:

--- Quote from: Ludo on September 11, 2024, 06:09:07 PM ---I wish there was some descent budget 24” fork with 50-60mm travel to lower the from some and reduce the stand over. Almost tempted to try some of the cheap Chinese options, bucklos/bolany

--- End quote ---

agreed.  i have been looking for an option to make the 100mm reba i have and 80mm fork but no luck.  it even has a different air shaft than the normal one.  i pulled it apart and checked. 

Chris948:

--- Quote from: Ludo on September 11, 2024, 06:09:07 PM ---I wish there was some descent budget 24” fork with 50-60mm travel to lower the from some and reduce the stand over. Almost tempted to try some of the cheap Chinese options, bucklos/bolany

--- End quote ---

It's childs play on 15 year old reba dual airs. The two I bought are about 120mm, but have a spacer to reduce it to 100mm. I 3d printer another spacer to shrink them to 80mm forks. Took $2 and 1 hour.

Ludo:
I never played with spacers but doesn’t that just affect the travel on the compressed side of the stroke, acting like a stop? What I was thinking was reducing the stroke length so that both lower and uppers could be shorter, to minimize the overall length and allowed a lower front end

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version