Author Topic: Cooling fan for indoor cycling  (Read 843 times)

SillyMochi

Cooling fan for indoor cycling
« on: September 03, 2024, 09:25:43 AM »
Since indoor season is slowly creeping up on me: any recommendations for cooling fans for indoor workouts? I currently have one Smartmi Standing Fan 2S but that's not enough when going for (hard) intervals.

What are you guys running? Doesn't need to be from AE - appreciate any recommendations.

toxin

Re: Cooling fan for indoor cycling
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2024, 02:34:11 PM »
get an air mover, vacmaster even made one with remote control after they saw there was demand for exactly this purpose: https://www.amazon.com/Vacmaster-AM201R-Portable-Remote-Control/dp/B09T2JNN4M

pushpush

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2024, 09:31:59 PM »
I use 2x Lasko U15617 fans. I bought both of mine from Amazon Warehouse for less than $50 ea. It requires some patience to catch them at discount.

They are fantastic. I set them to two different speeds and can toggle them from a power strip I mounted within reach of my indoor bike.

I also installed two industrial ventilation fans in my attic and have a 6" flexible dryer duct coming out of my ceiling that I can point wherever I want. I can pull cold air in from outside and/or exhaust hot air to the outside. These are also run through switched plugs on my power strip.

Vacmaster is another good choice.

SillyMochi

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2024, 12:06:14 PM »
Thanks guys. I went with the Vacmaster Cardio54 since it has a remote and was decently priced. Will see how it goes :)

Sebastian

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2024, 04:05:14 AM »
Thanks guys. I went with the Vacmaster Cardio54 since it has a remote and was decently priced. Will see how it goes :)

I got the Vacmaster, too. It made a hell of a difference for me. I couldn't imagine getting on the turbo without it, now.
Worth every penny, if you ask me. The remote has pretty obscure batteries that I had to order on amazon when it died on me. But other than that it's totally solid.

SillyMochi

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2024, 04:21:10 AM »
Agree, the L828/A27 battery type is a bit unusual but can be found online quite easily. Also, the remote itself is a bit clunky and I saw reports that mentioned to have issues with water/sweat ingress as it is not waterproofed. Just in case, I wrapped it in a small plastic bag which sits nice in the included holder.

First indoor session yesterday was a 30min FTP test - I don't think I would have been able without it; totally needed that setting 3 at the end :D