Author Topic: Workswell Frames  (Read 568 times)

Sander2177

Workswell Frames
« on: September 10, 2024, 09:07:50 AM »
Het all anyone had experience with Workswell.

I know the OEM for Aquila (Canada) there Aquipe Evo which is the WCB-R-306  and Pearson1860 (UK).

Serge_K

Re: Workswell Frames
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2024, 09:52:51 AM »
from my experience dealing with them and my understanding from this forum,
1. they may or may not agree to sell to you, even with a MOQ of 5 or more.
2. they are significantly more expensive than peers for the same specs (design, features, carbon grade used, weight, construction method...), and the only reason i got from them was "we use japanese carbon fiber".
3. Several times, i ended up getting the impression they'd do me a favour by selling me their stuff, so i took my business elsewhere.

They have generally a good reputation, but unless you buy dogs (airwolf, twitter and that kind of bottom of the barrel stuff), most factories / brand now seem to produce largely reliable stuff - except Tavelo ofc that is yet to graduate from making BB holes the right size :p

Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

PLA

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2024, 03:28:17 PM »
I've read some horror stories regarding Workswell... I steered well clear.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Sander2177

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2024, 04:19:07 PM »
Ok so I have catching up to do.
So who currently are the go to for frames then to save me reading through the forum.
Load of manufactures
Light carbon
Longten
Bross
Quick Pro
Hygge
Polygon
Speeder
Hongfu
Trifold
Seka
Dengfu
Velo Build
Rinasclta
Pardus
Yoleo
Og Evkin
Ican
Yishunbike
Elves
TanTan
Airwolf (they are an OEM but have there blatant copies on there site SL8 new trek Madone gen 8 and the gen 7 and pinarello dogma F lol)
BXT
Toseek
Carbonada
Nextie
Flyxii
Big Rock

So Many choices and now everything looks the same!
Hard to chose as some people have had better experiences than others

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2024, 12:28:54 AM »
Disclaimer: I haven't bought my first Chinese frame yet but aiming to do so by the end of the year. From what I've gathered, I'll try and organize from least to most reputable. I'll delete the ones I don't know.

Airwolf (from what I've heard, garbage)
TanTan (fine frames, bad customer service)
Toseek (didn't know they make frames, but their carbon Ali stuff is generally well-reviewed)
Velo Build (fine, quality varies. Apparently getting better)
Light carbon
Longteng (I think the sweet spot between quality and price. I'm shooting to get the 301-D)
Dengfu
Hongfu
Yoleo (expensive)
Elves
BXT (boring frames)
Carbonda
Yishunbike
Og Evkin
Ican
Seka (almost completely legit now)
Polygon (graduated to a legit western company at this point)

raisinberry777

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2024, 12:56:15 AM »
Polygon is Indonesian, not Chinese.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2024, 01:02:36 AM »
Het all anyone had experience with Workswell.

I know the OEM for Aquila (Canada) there Aquipe Evo which is the WCB-R-306  and Pearson1860 (UK).

i bought a TT Frame directly at workswell, it was the first discbrake tt frame which was available. Price was around 1400 USD..
after two years (maybe 500 KM) the aluminium stem broke, luckily during an indoor session, so i just crashed on the floormat...
the alu-stem was a designflaw, after checking the broken stem, it was clear, that it will break there.
It seemed that workswell did now about this issue but failed to inform their buyers about this dangerous issue.... and they offered me a new stem for 150 USD including shipping.
This took about 3 month until the new stem was here...
Problem now, the fork is cut to short which will be handled with this winter...
I defenately can not recommend workswell...it could have cost me my life as i love to ride hilly courses here and reach pretty high speeds..i do not want to think about, what would have happened if the stem broke at high speed.
Customer service, replying times were horrible, not even an excuse for the failure, no free shipping, no free stem..
I have had an issue with the seat post and was not able to get a new one, after waiting for new production for 3 years now...

My next tt frame will not be workswell

Sander2177

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2024, 01:22:43 AM »
There is  always one saddo on the forum I
‘It’s Indonesian’  small mistake but most people with sense know what I’m
Getting at.

Alway look at the Asian frames but never buy to much doubt would rather spend twice as much for piece of mind.

To much rush may go  Winspace either T1550 or maybe SLC3, this will also be my autumn winter bike unless I can pick up a tarmac pro SL8 on a good deal

Be great of there was kind of league table of brands

Serge_K

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2024, 02:48:51 AM »
There are indeed quite a few horror stories about workswell on the forum.
I definitely wouldn't recommend them.

You can add Xiamen carbon speed to the list for their gravel frame (grevil clone).
I have one, great frame. Great wheels too. They are a small factory that does OEM, so it's like a long teng in spirit. Marketing budget is zero. Peter is on the forum and super helpful.
They have among the widest carbon rims so they're technically leading in terms of road aero tech. But you can get full T800 wheelsets for 600 USD...

You can also add winow. I've built two frames from them. They also launched a TT frame that isn't without problems already as per forum posts. I like long teng better, but my friends riding their winows are very happy with them. I bought them via email, not AliExpress. I would recommend buying via email just because AliExpress is so anonymous. I want to believe that you're more likely to get good service/product if you've interacted with someone as opposed to simply clicking buy on AliExpress.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.