Author Topic: Not-Abolutely Black OSPW on Aliexpress  (Read 631 times)

clubber

Not-Abolutely Black OSPW on Aliexpress
« on: September 11, 2024, 03:21:41 AM »
Anyone seen these in the flesh? - the real AB one is of course silly but at this sort of price (<50GBP and maybe cheaper), it's starting to get tempting - it does at least look good!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007619471052.html

« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 03:29:43 AM by clubber »

rtuk

Re: Not-Abolutely Black OSPW on Aliexpress
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2024, 04:56:39 AM »
Wondering if it would it work with 12 speed GRX?

toxin

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2024, 06:09:27 AM »
Even the real ones are landfill, but if all that matteds to you is aesthetics, well it's your money

pushpush

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2024, 02:02:33 PM »
Even the real ones are landfill, but if all that matteds to you is aesthetics, well it's your money

^ Truth

biceryder

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2024, 11:42:51 AM »
Bought one in Singapore for 50-80.00 (can’t remember).  Well made, worked with Di2 11spd.  Discovered the large bearing is absolute garbage.  It has ceramic ball bearings and they very tiny.  The bearing doesn’t spin well and feels rough.  To top it off the large anodized retention screw is very sensitive. If you tighten it too much the jockey wheel seizes. 

Thought maybe it was a crap copy due to the bearing.  Disassembled and cleaned everything, no different results.  The bearing is just garbage.  After a while a friend and I looked up some YT reviews on the actual AB product.  Same issues with my budget copy.  The bearing for the large jockey wheel is just not freespinning or smooth.

It works like any other OSPW system but there are far better options out there.  Token makes a nice budget OSPW.  Also look at TriPeak if you can find them.

kubackje

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2024, 12:19:13 PM »
I use L-Twoo OSPW for a secong season with my Dura Ace 11s. I only changed the bearings for some sealed ceramics at the start (advice from some ali comments section) as the stock are open. No problem till today with the cage and allows me to run 11-34 cassette.