Author Topic: Lightcarbon HBR12  (Read 329 times)

BikerJens

Lightcarbon HBR12
« on: September 20, 2024, 08:47:51 AM »
Have anyone of you guys tried this? And if so - how is it?

I tried reaching out, but I got no answer from them (tried Yushin aswell). Any tips on how I can actually buy it?

Tall person with gigantic CdA

PLA

Re: Lightcarbon HBR12
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2024, 01:37:32 PM »
I've got a spare unused one in 36cm you can have if you want

BikerJens

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2024, 02:15:37 PM »
I've got a spare unused one in 36cm you can have if you want

Nice of you! Thank you. But I’m in need of a 40 cm :)

How come you not using it? Remember what you paid for it?

PLA

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2024, 09:02:57 PM »
Nice of you! Thank you. But I’m in need of a 40 cm :)

How come you not using it? Remember what you paid for it?

I got it with one of the Yishun frames (it's the yishun err 'version', aka same handlebar, whether it's same mold or same production idk). I was planning to use the speeder bars all along (which you could also consider if you like a more flared bar), so opted to get this frame with the hb058/hbr12 to replace the alu rose 36cm bars on my partner's bike, but I just never got around to it, so they're just collecting dust.

IIRC the price is something like USD60 or something and shipping will be similar to that worldwide.

I'd say the speeder bars seem more 'beefy' that the hb058 . Seem stiffer in hand and the top aerofoil-ish section is wider. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but so far I've loved the speeder bar and all the yishun frames we have are fantastic. We have a whole junior team racing on them, so I'd say the same quality would be true for the handlebars.

Hopefully that helps.

https://www.speedercycling.com/Carbon-Handlebars_c45
https://www.yishunbike.com/product/hb058/
https://www.lightcarbon.com/full-carbon-aero-road-handlebar_p212.html
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

BikerJens

« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:47:57 AM »
I got it with one of the Yishun frames (it's the yishun err 'version', aka same handlebar, whether it's same mold or same production idk). I was planning to use the speeder bars all along (which you could also consider if you like a more flared bar), so opted to get this frame with the hb058/hbr12 to replace the alu rose 36cm bars on my partner's bike, but I just never got around to it, so they're just collecting dust.

IIRC the price is something like USD60 or something and shipping will be similar to that worldwide.

I'd say the speeder bars seem more 'beefy' that the hb058 . Seem stiffer in hand and the top aerofoil-ish section is wider. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but so far I've loved the speeder bar and all the yishun frames we have are fantastic. We have a whole junior team racing on them, so I'd say the same quality would be true for the handlebars.

Hopefully that helps.

https://www.speedercycling.com/Carbon-Handlebars_c45
https://www.yishunbike.com/product/hb058/
https://www.lightcarbon.com/full-carbon-aero-road-handlebar_p212.html

If you’re not getting paid by Speeder something is wrong, couse you sold that to me!

It sure do look great! The only thing is the sizing. The flair is very visible on the photos, but do I understand it correctly, the size is 370 mm in the hoods and then 420 in the drops?

PLA

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:02:31 AM »
If you’re not getting paid by Speeder something is wrong, couse you sold that to me!

It sure do look great! The only thing is the sizing. The flair is very visible on the photos, but do I understand it correctly, the size is 370 mm in the hoods and then 420 in the drops?

yeah that's correct, the narrowest point at the hoods will be 370 and widest will be 420 at the drops. but the widest point is at the end where you don't even use. i was thinking of chopping my personal set down about 15mm on the ends.

just a happy customer man. i use them on my personal bike and they're on all the yishun race bikes we bought and they've been great, so it's hard for me to say anything negative about them! well they are heavier than some bars by about 50g, but i guess that's the tradeoff for stiff and heavy duty.

just don't forget to use my code at checkout for 10% off... just kidding haha
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

BikerJens

« Reply #6 on: Today at 01:47:12 AM »
yeah that's correct, the narrowest point at the hoods will be 370 and widest will be 420 at the drops. but the widest point is at the end where you don't even use. i was thinking of chopping my personal set down about 15mm on the ends.

just a happy customer man. i use them on my personal bike and they're on all the yishun race bikes we bought and they've been great, so it's hard for me to say anything negative about them! well they are heavier than some bars by about 50g, but i guess that's the tradeoff for stiff and heavy duty.

just don't forget to use my code at checkout for 10% off... just kidding haha

I’m mostly worried about the narrow part. 37 is a big jump from the narrowste I have had (42). I’m a big guy, so my size bikes normally comes with a 44..

But I think I will give it a go and see how it works for me.

Thank you.

Serge_K

« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:45:46 AM »
I’m mostly worried about the narrow part. 37 is a big jump from the narrowste I have had (42). I’m a big guy, so my size bikes normally comes with a 44..

But I think I will give it a go and see how it works for me.

Thank you.

Anecdotally, I'm 184 and relatively wide shoulders. I'm now on 36 bars and I love it, you can't beat physics so it's just faster. It took my shoulders probably 6 weeks to adapt. For sprinting it's weird, other than that it's fine. A 100 stem feels so much better than 80 when out of the saddle, must be trigonometry.
But if you want free speed, I wouldn't worry too much about 37 bars.
Also, BMC now ships 36 bars with all their expensive bike, afaik.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

BikerJens

« Reply #8 on: Today at 05:00:17 AM »
Anecdotally, I'm 184 and relatively wide shoulders. I'm now on 36 bars and I love it, you can't beat physics so it's just faster. It took my shoulders probably 6 weeks to adapt. For sprinting it's weird, other than that it's fine. A 100 stem feels so much better than 80 when out of the saddle, must be trigonometry.
But if you want free speed, I wouldn't worry too much about 37 bars.
Also, BMC now ships 36 bars with all their expensive bike, afaik.

I know with the speed, just seems like a lot going from 42 (actually 44 on the new bike - that is way to big) to 37.

I’m 200 cm with wide shoulders, so I already have a 120 stem and can’t go shorter than that.

But I lack speed! So need to get more Aero. I push a fair amount of watt compared to the rest in my club and I’m not heavy. I’m just as Aero as an elephant on the bike.. So I will try the 37. Use the winter on the hometrainer to practice the setting.

Just hope that Speeder gets back to me unlike Lightcarbon and Yushin  :-X

PLA

« Reply #9 on: Today at 05:41:08 AM »
I'm 190cm and went from a 44 to a 35... Even have my hoods turned in a little. I descend and sprint in the drops. Using a 130mm stem. =)

For a big unit like yourself, I think you'll appreciate the stiffness of the speeder.

If you want to contact Yishun or Lightcarbon I can dm you the email address I've corresponded with previously.

BikerJens

« Reply #10 on: Today at 05:58:12 AM »
I'm 190cm and went from a 44 to a 35... Even have my hoods turned in a little. I descend and sprint in the drops. Using a 130mm stem. =)

For a big unit like yourself, I think you'll appreciate the stiffness of the speeder.

If you want to contact Yishun or Lightcarbon I can dm you the email address I've corresponded with previously.

The stiffness sounds great!

I will await to see what Speeder says. Thank you. But I’m not good at this “write for quotation” - just write the price and let me order it directly!  :o