Author Topic: Axs compatibility and Chinese components  (Read 128 times)

Axs compatibility and Chinese components
« on: September 26, 2024, 08:43:20 AM »
I have tried to find good information on this subject all over and I am looking for real world experience here, or informed takes. The context of my inquiry is trying to minimally add axs to an existing 1x cross bike and keep, most importantly, my crank based PM (5 bolt 110 bcd spider) as well as other components.  The axs road components changed chain roller diameter size and it recommend everything be axs, but you know, this forum.

Some comments on the XDR ztto and goldix cassettes suggest they work best with standard 12 speed chains (eagle, kmc, ybn 12s) and do not work well with sram flattop.

What is performance like with sram axs road cassette and non flat top chain? 

KMC claims their new 12s chain is compatible across sram road axs and shimano.  How is that possible given the sram roller size change?

Is it best to keep flattop chain with sram axs cassette and just run an old 1x chainring and deal with whatever accelerated wear there may be on the chainring? I have had good experience with cheap 1x rings and don't mind changing them out more frequently to keep my crankset and pm

With regards to chainrings, what is performance like with a standard 1x narrow wide ring with non flattop chain? again I want to keep 5 bolt spider PM. 

Thanks for any input