Author Topic: Yoeleo PRO NxT SL2 wheels  (Read 670 times)

acino

Yoeleo PRO NxT SL2 wheels
« on: October 01, 2024, 04:31:43 PM »
A new contribution by Yoeleo:

https://www.yoeleobike.com/collections/next-generation-wheels

Quick summary:
-wide at 32 mm external
-fairly light
-hooked
-no rim holes
-36t ratchet
-in-house hubs, branded as Yoeleo 230 NXT

The drive-side of the front hub uses a non-standard design (at least to me):

A quick review is also on the channel of our MVP, Patrick Lino (can't insert link to yt video for some reason)
What are your thoughts? How will they hold against the competition in the similar prince range?

toxin

Re: Yoeleo PRO NxT SL2 wheels
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2024, 05:53:38 PM »
I don't seewhat's so non standard about that

the specs are really good on paper, though would prefer sapim, dt or alpina spokes, the spoke count on the front radial side is unneccessarily high

raisinberry777

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2024, 07:07:45 PM »
Seems a hard sell to me when Farsports can build at a similar weight and rim profile using DT Swiss hubs and Sapim spokes/nipples at a cheaper price.

Or you could go budget with someone like XMCarbonSpeed or Yuan An and get a similar wheels built for nearly half the price if going with Pillar Wing 20s and house brand hubs.

kubackje

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2024, 02:49:29 AM »
Seems a hard sell to me when Farsports can build at a similar weight and rim profile using DT Swiss hubs and Sapim spokes/nipples at a cheaper price.

Or you could go budget with someone like XMCarbonSpeed or Yuan An and get a similar wheels built for nearly half the price if going with Pillar Wing 20s and house brand hubs.

Yeah this offer is not for us. it's for people who wanna go on a website and just click buy, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Not everyone wants to buy wheels on WhatsApp:)

ry

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2024, 11:16:34 PM »

Go easy please, I'm new here - just took a look at the farsports site and the closest wheels are about $1100 USD.  Can you help point me in the right direction for how I'd go about quoting what you described from Farsports and XMCarbonSpeed?

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2024, 01:24:40 AM »
Farsports has two websites:
1. Farsports.com is where you buy their Farsports branded wheels, which are a bit more expensive but a bit more premium. If you are interested in what the new lineup includes, I wrote a short article (https://www.cyclistshub.com/farsports-introduced-2025-road-wheels/) about it and how those wheels compare. I'm gonna test the C5 soon.
2. Wheelsfar.com is where you buy their "lower-end" Wheelsfar wheels. There are many more options, and some components can be customized.

With XMCS, just check out their catalog and message them via WhatsApp. They will guide you there.

I hope this helps.

Serge_K

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2024, 02:06:55 AM »
Yoeleo is a brand that relies heavily on influencer marketing, which adds heavily to their pricing. They sell run of the mill stuff (500 bucks territory frames and 500 bucks territory wheels), for about 1000.
On this forum we know to contact OEMs directly (far sports, Xiamen carbon speed, yuanan, light bicycle), to pay 500 and not 1000, essentially. A year or two ago email was the way to go, now increasingly our counterparts are using WhatsApp. Let's remember the totalitarian nature of china and their great firewall.
Peter is on the forum, and you can find his details here and on the website.
Far sports has the far sports and wheels far websites where you can find email connects.
Yuanan has email details on their website.
Light bicycle you can order straight from their website, or find their email on the website.
There are more providers, but if you get four quotes for the same set, you should already have a great sense for pricing and value.
I think I can confidently say I'll never buy anything from yoeleo because i don't care for the brand and I actively dislike middlemen.
I also wouldn't give too much credence to the warranty argument of the"brand", in the sense that all these providers do provide warranty automatically.
Note that none of us here is advising buying wheels on AliExpress from some anonymous seller...
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

patliean1

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2024, 10:01:46 AM »
A forum literally called Chinertown is probably not the domain to expect favorable opinions on western and middle-man brands, respectively. And wheels will especially be a point of contention because value conscience OEM wheel suppliers are plentiful now. 100% of my ability to become a shrewd and savvy shopper earlier on came from this forum. Appreciate the good times...

This does not negate the market for ready made products even if at a premium over OEM. A consumer looking to buy a frame from Winspace/Specialized/Trek, but doesn't spend hours on internet forums like myself, isn't going to be convinced that OEM products are an inherently better alternative.

As I always say...whether spending $500 or $3000 on a frame/wheels, neither is more noble than the other. But each have their cult followings.

Personally what I would like to see is more local race teams partnering with OEM companies. This would really solidify their value in the public's eye (and sadly increase prices). I've seriously considered starting my own development race team here in Chicago for juniors and women, except I would purposely source partnerships from all Chinese brands. I already annually design my jersey via Monton Sports for personal branding use. Imagine seeing a team of juniors/women absolutely crushing it on Light Carbon frames, Yuanan wheels, iGPSport computers, and custom Monton Sports skin suits  8) -  I think PLA or Toxin does something like this already.

Serge_K

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2024, 11:29:01 AM »
I already annually design my jersey via Monton Sports for personal branding use.

I sent back 20 aliX jerseys over the summer, and kept less than 10, looking for what i like and dislike, and i've designed corporate kit in the past. I am pretty close to going custom again, as my troll mind never rests. The redbull skinsuit screams to have BORAT Hans Gruber (with probably a picture of borat and nakatomi plaza for good measure) replacing BORA hansgrohe. if there's interest here, we can get chinertown Nakatomi plaza skinsuits, i'll happily take care of it :) 

Could you share your experience with these skinsuits?
Would be curious to know how much thought you've put in fabric selection, sizing, how much they cost you, what the MOQ is if any, how you ship from China, how many you've ordered and have had made, just the top off my head :)
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

bremerradkurier

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2024, 01:22:37 PM »
Yoeleo is a brand that relies heavily on influencer marketing, which adds heavily to their pricing. They sell run of the mill stuff (500 bucks territory frames and 500 bucks territory wheels), for about 1000.
On this forum we know to contact OEMs directly (far sports, Xiamen carbon speed, yuanan, light bicycle), to pay 500 and not 1000, essentially. A year or two ago email was the way to go, now increasingly our counterparts are using WhatsApp. Let's remember the totalitarian nature of china and their great firewall.
Peter is on the forum, and you can find his details here and on the website.
Far sports has the far sports and wheels far websites where you can find email connects.
Yuanan has email details on their website.
Light bicycle you can order straight from their website, or find their email on the website.
There are more providers, but if you get four quotes for the same set, you should already have a great sense for pricing and value.
I think I can confidently say I'll never buy anything from yoeleo because i don't care for the brand and I actively dislike middlemen.
I also wouldn't give too much credence to the warranty argument of the"brand", in the sense that all these providers do provide warranty automatically.
Note that none of us here is advising buying wheels on AliExpress from some anonymous seller...

My son is on active duty in the US military as a UAV operator and is currently doing a lot of rapid prototyping with high end 3D printers to build their own drones for evaluation.

Kind of sobering to consider the industrial base to create carbon frames and wheels is highly transferable to the mass production of kamikaze drones like those being used in Ukraine and other conflicts.

James dean

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2024, 01:30:30 PM »
Does anyone have a contact or a email for someone at farsports?

nis240sxt

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2024, 09:27:22 PM »
Farsports has two websites:
1. Farsports.com is where you buy their Farsports branded wheels, which are a bit more expensive but a bit more premium. If you are interested in what the new lineup includes, I wrote a short article (https://www.cyclistshub.com/farsports-introduced-2025-road-wheels/) about it and how those wheels compare. I'm gonna test the C5 soon.

Hi, do you know if the same rims and hubs are used throughout their 2025 lineup? Is the difference in price just because of the ceramic bearings or does the Evo line has other bells and whistles? Looking forward to your review of the C5!