Author Topic: Workswell WCB-M-062  (Read 235593 times)

carbonazza

Re: Workswell WCB-M-062
« Reply #420 on: July 02, 2016, 05:19:45 AM »
If you or someone else need one day another saddle.
Here is a very good seller on aliexpress:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-NEW-GUB1152-1156-super-light-weight-130g-bicycle-carbon-hollow-saddle-leather-saddle-bicycle/32565081432.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.59.BEcJyz

They are very well made, light, and with a leather cover, and gel pad.

I love my other bare carbon saddles, as there is no resistance when sliding on the saddle.
But these allow to ride without padded shorts, beware it is still not a brooks with springs :)

Vance72

« Reply #421 on: July 04, 2016, 07:04:20 PM »
Good price for a saddle. Any idea how much they charge for postage?

iamsimon

« Reply #422 on: July 04, 2016, 11:35:06 PM »
Hi all
Thanks for all the detailed info on this thread, its been great trawling through all the little ins and outs of the frame before ordering!
Ive been looking at one of these frames for a while now and am planning on setting it up rigid, mainly as a singletrack/ bikepacking/ go anywhere machine.

Just wondering if anyone on here has bothered trying to set up a front mech on theirs?
Im either going to go double or single up front, leaning towards a doublem mainly for loaded adventure duties. According to Workswell you can run a front mech, but the cable routing looks a little suss to me.
Anyone bothered to try it on theirs?

Cheers, Simon

carbonazza

« Reply #423 on: July 05, 2016, 12:42:32 AM »
Good price for a saddle. Any idea how much they charge for postage?
The price is shipping included.

HooligaN

« Reply #424 on: July 05, 2016, 05:41:21 AM »
Can anybody measure workswell wcb-m-062 frame width below BB - is it 92mm or 86mm or 8..smth?
I'm trying to figure out can I use Shimano BB92 without washers.

rapsac

« Reply #425 on: July 05, 2016, 02:10:36 PM »
So, ordered my matte finish 18,5" BSA frame on the 19th of June. Ordered on ebay from sobatostore, was shown as in stock.
Received a shipping notification on the 22nd of June and received the frame yesterday, the 4th of July (The Netherlands). So approx 2,5 weeks. Not bad.
Packaging was ok, no damage to cardboard box. Frame was packaged as was shown earlier in thread.

I paid $350 including shipping, declared value was a bit less. Import duties, tax etc was €65. So, total cost for current exchange rate is approx €380 including tax and shipping. Seems ok.

Included with the frame:
  • Installed are through axle dropouts with through axle
  • Installed are cable stops for non-continuous shift cables
  • seat post clamp (31,8 mm)
  • 5 water bottle cage screws, steel
  • QR dropouts
  • integrated headset: bearing race for fork, upper (1 1/8") and lower (1,5") bearing, split ring, bearing cover and some thin spacers
  • fork tube expander, suitable for carbon fork tube
  • aluminium frame protector plate for right hand side chainstay with 3M double sided tape installed
  • 2 cable stops for continuous shift cables and 1 closed cover

Frame weight with through axle dropouts installed, but excluding everything else: 1257 grams
BSA bottom bracket width is 73 mm.

I will post some pictures later.

EDIT: see the build on: http://www.mountainbike.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=128258
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:00:24 PM by rapsac »

MTB2223

« Reply #426 on: July 05, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »
Nice!
Can you create your own topic? So I can follow that one.
Ben benieuwd naar het eind resultaat (=curious about the end result).

RS VR6

« Reply #427 on: July 05, 2016, 04:38:16 PM »

Just wondering if anyone on here has bothered trying to set up a front mech on theirs?
Im either going to go double or single up front, leaning towards a double mainly for loaded adventure duties. According to Workswell you can run a front mech, but the cable routing looks a little suss to me.
Anyone bothered to try it on theirs?

Cheers, Simon

Even though I run a 1x, I messaged them about not having any cable stops for a front derailleur. I don't remember exactly what they replied...but it was something along the lines of "it'll work".

iamsimon

« Reply #428 on: July 05, 2016, 05:10:07 PM »
Yeah thanks RS, I've chatted to them a bit and they sent me a picture of the how the cables route through the frame but there's no real detail on how the front goes around the bb shell. Managed to find a couple of pics last night of a few running a front mech on mtbr forums, seems a little fiddly.
Most ones I've found managed to run an outer and inner out of that hole behind the seat tube so it should be ok I guess.  there may be issues with clearance for a triple crankset apparently but didn't read too much into it as I'll only be going double.

Viperdriver

« Reply #429 on: July 05, 2016, 10:05:56 PM »
Hit 1000 miles on my 062.  No real problems with it, still going strong.  It's gone from SS to 1x11, and back to SS.  I've run both an eccentric bottom bracket and a BB30 crank.  these are great bikes. 

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #430 on: July 06, 2016, 06:40:56 AM »
Thanks for the update.  You don't see many Chiner frames painted white.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

rapsac

« Reply #431 on: July 07, 2016, 02:39:22 AM »
Perhaps I have missed it when reading all posts, but: What are you guys using for cable system to the rear derailleur?
"Continuous outer all the way through" or "Short outer cables at chainstay and headtube + bare inner cable inside frame" ?
It looks like continuous outer will not fit at the bottom bracket. However, when using short outers I am afraid that bare inner shift cable may cut grooves inside the plastic cable guide at bottom bracket.
See pictures below.

3 cable holes at bottom bracket:
rear derailleur (inner) cable / front derailleur inner cable with metal tube / rear hydraulic brake line

cable guide and cover:
rear derailleur inner cable slot / front derailleur inner cable slot

When using full length housing I thought of leaving out the cable guide (not using a front derailleur) and use a spacer between cover plate and borrom bracket.
This also seems to require drilling out the hole at the bottom bracket (a little bit too small for outer shift cable) and replacing cable entry ports (which are included btw). Although the shift cable entry port at the chainstay seems rather stuck in place...

Perhaps the solution is to run shift cables like Jagwire kits with full length inner housing?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:16:37 AM by rapsac »

RS VR6

« Reply #432 on: July 07, 2016, 03:55:47 AM »
I run full housing. I had no choice. When I got my frame, it only came with the continuous covers. The openings under the bottom bracket on my frame were just holes...nothing molded on the rear derailleur side. I had to take a drill and open up the hole for the rear derailleur housing a bit. Mine also did not come with the plastic guide under the bottom bracket. The benefit of running the segmented housing is that it can possibly eliminate the rattling from the full housing bouncing inside the frame. You just have to make sure that the bare cable is not contacting any part of the frame.

It's good to see that they are making improvements on the frame from when I got mine.  :)

I haven't opened the cover under the bottom bracket since I build up my bike in April 2015. I'll open it up this weekend and take a look inside.

carbonazza

« Reply #433 on: July 07, 2016, 07:43:18 AM »
I run full hose, entering from the left(1x setup) on the 062.
However on the 256 I had to drill to run full hose.
I prefer this option since most of the year I ride on muddy trails.
But on the 041, I was not sure drilling it would work so I kept it as designed with hose fragments, and bare cable inside.

bxcc

« Reply #434 on: July 07, 2016, 08:33:48 AM »

cable guide and cover:
rear derailleur inner cable slot / front derailleur inner cable slot

I ran full length housing on mine. That is a neat guide though, I don't have one of those so maybe mine was designed a bit differently. I will pull the cover off this weekend and see what's up. I do remember that on their plus frame, I had to drill out the cable entrance hole on the chainstay to get the housing inserted. The good thing is that I was only drilling aluminum. There is a metal guide bonded into the carbon so I didn't have to drill into the carbon structure.