Author Topic: Workswell WCB-M-062  (Read 236131 times)

bxcc

Re: Workswell WCB-M-062
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2015, 03:57:03 PM »
Does anyone care to share the headset requirements for the frame? I prefer Cane Creek products so I'll be sticking with them. Most likely the 40 series.

RS VR6

« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2015, 11:44:18 PM »
I'd just use the headset that came with the frame. Its just two bearings, race, and compression ring. Its not going to make any difference by going with a more expensive headset.

bxcc

« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2015, 04:39:04 AM »
If that is the case, i will definitely use it. It was not advertised as coming with one though so i was going to try and get one before it arrives. Maybe I'll just wait and see.

RS VR6

« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2015, 08:58:33 PM »
Most frames should come with a headset. Mine came with the headset, 142 axle and dropouts on top of the 135 dropouts.

d34n

« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2015, 05:25:49 PM »
bxcc -- are you  going to build it up once you get the frame or is it going to be a slow build? Would like to see another one built up before I order. I hate this "pick your frame" stage as I change my mind every time I think about the frames. It is super hard to pass up the price on the 062, seeing it is at least 100$ cheaper than the cheapest frame from competitors (other than flyxii).

bxcc

« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2015, 08:10:51 PM »
bxcc -- are you  going to build it up once you get the frame or is it going to be a slow build? Would like to see another one built up before I order. I hate this "pick your frame" stage as I change my mind every time I think about the frames. It is super hard to pass up the price on the 062, seeing it is at least 100$ cheaper than the cheapest frame from competitors (other than flyxii).

It will be a couple months before it's rideable. My plan is to run it as a rigid 27.5+ bike using WTB Trailblazer 2.8 tires on my existing wheels until I allocate the funds for some 29er wheels. I'm thinking rigid 27.5+ during the winter months and it will see a Reba RL 120 with some widish (25 to 30 mm internal) 29er rims in the summer to go with my squishy bike.

If for some reason the 27.5+ setup is too wide for the back end, I will take my time and build it up over the winter and probably won't ride it until spring. I will post pictures along the way though.

bxcc

« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2015, 08:31:43 AM »
Just an update for anyone that is interested, 5 days from purchase and the frame and fork has shipped.

RS VR6

« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2015, 02:19:30 PM »
It took almost two weeks for my frame to ship.  :-X

Keldorff

« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2015, 03:57:55 PM »
Just pulled the trigger on the 062 this tuesday. Got a mail this morning that is has shipped. Will be building it with Rock Shox SID XX and transfer most of my parts from my current Boardman Alu 29er to this 062.  8)

6un4

« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2015, 05:09:51 AM »
Hi.
Have read whole thread and really like the frame. At least I like the looks and weight of it. Can someone share the ride impressions?  I'm doing all kinds of riding. Trails, xc races and sometimes just goofing around in a city down the stairs and so on, so will this frame be fun on trail downhills?)

bxcc

« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2015, 09:57:22 AM »
Just pulled the trigger on the 062 this tuesday. Got a mail this morning that is has shipped. Will be building it with Rock Shox SID XX and transfer most of my parts from my current Boardman Alu 29er to this 062.  8)

My tracking number just became active this morning. What about yours?
I emailed them last night on how to track the item (ems.com.cn wasn't recognizing the number) and they sent a link to this site sometime through the night. http://www.17track.net/en/ 
It now shows up on both sites. On eBay the fine print states that they will ship with in 5 days. I'm kind of wondering if the shipping label is created in the 5 days but the package isn't necessarily brought to the shipping company in that time.
I'm not overly concerned with this as it still shipped in 10 days from the time of purchase but it is good information to have for future buyers.

Edited my first post on page 9 to add a timeline for those who are interested
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:04:14 AM by bxcc »

RS VR6

« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2015, 07:15:13 PM »
It took about 3 weeks for me to get my frame. If you got it on eBay and got a shipping notification...it only means that a label was produced not actually shipped. I got a shipping notification a few days after placing my order. It stayed like that for almost two weeks. I had to message the seller asking what the holdup was. Then it finally said that the package was accepted. Once the frame left China, I didn't see much info after that. The frame did not arrive by US Postal vehicle. It was delivered by someone in a personal vehicle.

Keldorff

« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2015, 03:11:59 PM »
I placed my order tuesday last week. The package shipped from China thursday. Got a message monday, that it had arrived at danish customs. No I'm waiting for it to clear customs. If it hadnt been upheld in customs I could have had it tuesday. So quick shipping to europe - at least this time :)

bxcc

« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2015, 02:16:48 PM »
My frame finally showed up. It was ordered on August 8th and it arrived on the 22nd. I'm pretty happy with that. RS VR6, you were correct. The frame came with a headset, seatpost collar, 135 QR dropouts, 142x12 drop outs, rear through axle, and the through axle for the front fork. I am going to have some decals made up so assembly won't be for another week or two. I did throw my 27.5" wheels in the frame and fork to see how the clearance was as I hope to run it as a 27.5+ bike at times. I was expecting 71 or 72 mm of clearance which isn't much and may have ruined my hopes. But to my surprise, it measures between 74 and 75 mm. So for my current wheels with the WTB trailblazer 2.8's, I should be good to go.

As far as the initial inspection goes. It went good until I got to the fork. The frame looks great and the holes are relatively clean looking. Everything seems to be where it should be and all the brake bosses line up correctly. So the frame exceeded my expectations which in all honesty, were kept pretty low. Now comes the fork. I was a little concerned with the reliability of a cheap fork but after looking at it, this thing seems to be built pretty solid. Everything is quite a bit thicker than I expected. THEN I tried to fit the wheel in. It was a no go. The thru axle went through my wheel fine and through the fork fine, but not through both. The wheel also slid into the fork fine. But there was a little extra paint or carbon in the dropout that wouldn't allow the wheel to slide all the way in. Rather than dealing with the seller which may or may not helped, I decided to shave out the extra material myself. 30 minutes of tedious work with a dremel bit (by hand) and a razor blade and everything fit fine.

So all in all, I'm pretty happy so far. $445.55 for a frame, fork, headset, 2 thru axles and 2 sets of drop outs seems pretty fair to me. Here are a couple pictures. I will post more when the decals are finished.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 05:19:49 PM by bxcc »

carbonazza

« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2015, 04:04:22 AM »
@bxcc, the pictures didn't stick to your post :)