Author Topic: Workswell WCB-M-062  (Read 236081 times)

Petenausen

Re: Workswell WCB-M-062
« Reply #300 on: February 01, 2016, 06:05:21 AM »
I have received the frame with pf30. All of you have received it with the bottom bracket installed? Is it only installed or also glued?

carbonazza

« Reply #301 on: February 01, 2016, 03:48:11 PM »
You do not get a bottom bracket with the frame in general.
You just have the hole to press the cups in it.

Depending on the model(SRAM, bbinfinite, Race Face, etc.), it can be some plastic or aluminium cup you press into the frame.

Then, when a bearing is toast, you can either remove it from the cup and replace it.
Or replace the whole bb cups.

One advice, put the internal cables before the bb.

xcbarny

« Reply #302 on: February 01, 2016, 06:29:32 PM »
I have received the frame with pf30. All of you have received it with the bottom bracket installed? Is it only installed or also glued?

Can you send a picture.

As you can read about earlier in this thread, they sent me a PF30 frame, with a BB92 bottom bracket glued in. It couldn't be removed, so I had to send it back to them, and I got a refund.

I still have no idea why the glued in, I certainly didn't ask for it.
Dashine bike Carbon Singlespeed Rocket. http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,844.0.html

Petenausen

« Reply #303 on: February 04, 2016, 01:51:11 PM »
This is what I have received!!
Is it glued for you? I cannot understan! I have just ordered a pf30 frame.
They told me that the bb will be free with the frame. In fact this is ok for bsa cranks. They also send me an adaptor to reduce the diameter and mount also gxp

xcbarny

« Reply #304 on: February 04, 2016, 05:14:33 PM »
Yes, that's the same as what I received, when I ordered a PF30 frame.
The adaptor is glued in, and can't be removed (even they said that they couldn't remove it after I sent it back to them).

In my case, I couldn't use the frame, as I needed to fit an Eccentric BB in there, but maybe you can just get a 24mm Crankset?

I was dealing with Yoyo Yang, and found him very hard to deal with. On several occasions, I tried to explain to him why this frame would not work for me, but he never seemed to understand. They also wanted me to pay for them to ship a replacement frame back to me, which I refused, and I eventually got a refund. (but it still cost me $50 to ship it back to them.)

Unfortunately, they don't seem to understand what PF30 is, he kept telling me that they sent me a PF30 frame, even though it would no longer accept a PF30 bottom bracket.

Have you been in contact with them about the issue?

I think if anyone is looking to buy this frame, then they should avoid the PF30 option, and go with BB30 or BSA.
Dashine bike Carbon Singlespeed Rocket. http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,844.0.html

Petenausen

« Reply #305 on: February 05, 2016, 10:47:02 AM »
The adaptor is glued in, and can't be removed (even they said that they couldn't remove it after I sent it back to them).

In my case, I couldn't use the frame, as I needed to fit an Eccentric BB in there, but maybe you can just get a 24mm Crankset?

I was dealing with Yoyo Yang, and found him very hard to deal with. On several occasions, I tried to explain to him why this frame would not work for me, but he never seemed to understand. They also wanted me to pay for them to ship a replacement frame back to me, which I refused, and I eventually got a refund. (but it still cost me $50 to ship it back to them.)

Unfortunately, they don't seem to understand what PF30 is, he kept telling me that they sent me a PF30 frame, even though it would no longer accept a PF30 bottom bracket.

I think if anyone is looking to buy this frame, then they should avoid the PF30 option, and go with BB30 or BSA.

For me this is ok because I have a gxp xx1 crank. But..is it safe? I am worried about the glue!

nsfr1206

« Reply #306 on: February 10, 2016, 11:24:07 AM »
On the xt 1x11 there is an option for 50 or 53 mm chain line. Which works?

bxcc

« Reply #307 on: February 10, 2016, 01:30:16 PM »
Either should work but I believe 53mm is for Boost rear ends. 50mm would be better but 53mm might give you more options in the future.

RS VR6

« Reply #308 on: February 10, 2016, 02:52:48 PM »
53mm will give you a horrible chainline on a non boost bike.

nsfr1206

« Reply #309 on: February 10, 2016, 05:28:00 PM »
Thanks!

Petenausen

« Reply #310 on: February 12, 2016, 05:50:04 AM »
Does workswell bikes reply to you? I am mailing them from 10 days but not a reply!

bxcc

« Reply #311 on: February 12, 2016, 07:15:56 AM »
Normally yes, even when i had some issues they responded within 24 hours. They have the Chinese New Year going on until this weekend so that is probably causing the delay. Most of them are off for the first 2 weeks of February. Workswell / Sobato has pulled their listings off of eBay and Amazon too. So this is either a good thing as people won't get upset when items don't ship the day after making the purchase, or it's a very bad thing and they are no longer a company. I'm hoping it's option 1.

Viperdriver

« Reply #312 on: February 14, 2016, 10:48:31 PM »
Dang, sorry fellas. I got a pf30 and had no such trouble. It showed up with no bb, I put my eccentric in, and it's been great for several hundred miles. I didn't realize how lucky I was.

xcbarny

« Reply #313 on: February 16, 2016, 07:50:12 PM »

For me this is ok because I have a gxp xx1 crank. But..is it safe? I am worried about the glue!

The glue will hold fine. When i tried to remove the adapter from the frame, l couldn't move it. It just limits your options for bearing replacement, but i imagine you could fit some enduro bearings in there.

xcbarny

« Reply #314 on: February 16, 2016, 07:52:37 PM »
Dang, sorry fellas. I got a pf30 and had no such trouble. It showed up with no bb, I put my eccentric in, and it's been great for several hundred miles. I didn't realize how lucky I was.

Yes i think you were lucky. They obviously didn't learn anything from their experience with me.