Author Topic: Workswell WCB-M-062  (Read 236135 times)

RS VR6

Re: Workswell WCB-M-062
« Reply #315 on: February 16, 2016, 08:28:42 PM »
Pretty sure my BSA bb is glued in also. Been in the frame for about 9 months now. No issues.

drakiebomb

« Reply #316 on: March 04, 2016, 08:00:37 AM »
G'day gent's!
RS VR6: What is the 062 frame's condition now for almost 10 months with your riding style? I guess it is holding up much better than the 256SL.

... Ms. Yoyo Yang is a lady. And yes, she's kinda' difficult to deal with. Me and her agreed for a BSA bb, and after the payment... she's insisting to give me a BB30 & PF30 bb installed in the 062. Tryng to receive it in Shanghai.
Talked to her the 3rd week of February, she told me that there are fresh batch of frames made just after the Chinese New Year and in the process of painting it. Just sharing the information.

SportingGoods

« Reply #317 on: March 04, 2016, 08:30:41 AM »
I don't own this frame but I am fascinated with this BB story. I am trying to understand what is behind this push from the vendor to ship frames with a glued BB30.
The only logic answer that comes to mind is that you can't really install anything else. That tells me that the frame must be pretty rough in this area and it would cost them more money to make it nice and clean so that you could install any typical BB (like a BSA). When you want to hide something rough, you stick something there, permanently glued. I can't see any other reason but I might be wrong.

bxcc

« Reply #318 on: March 04, 2016, 10:13:47 AM »
I ordered a BSA and received a BSA frame. I see your point on wanting to install some type of sleeve to hide potential issues but a sleeve is a sleeve. BSA, BB30 or any other would work as a cover up. Maybe why they don't want to do the PF30 sleeveless though.

RS VR6

« Reply #319 on: March 04, 2016, 04:41:34 PM »
G'day gent's!
RS VR6: What is the 062 frame's condition now for almost 10 months with your riding style? I guess it is holding up much better than the 256SL.

My 062 has been holding up great. I'm not some super shredder, but I do ride it the way its supposed to be ridden. I did check a few times after taking it through some teeth chattering areas. I only did it when I first got the frame...I no longer do that.

I don't take it out of the "XC" realm. I have another bike for that. ;D

I know the 062 isn't as popular as the 256...but so far I haven't read of any issues (besides the bonded BB inserts) on the 062.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:43:55 PM by RS VR6 »

Viperdriver

« Reply #320 on: March 08, 2016, 10:04:22 PM »
G'day gent's!

My 062 has 9 months on it now and right around 600 miles.  No issues so far.  I beat on it pretty good.  Not totally sure I understand what qualifies as XC vs AM, but sure feel like i put it to its limits.  I destroy tires routinely, but no frame problems. 

Recently bought a $1500 Niner carbon frame to build a second bike, and still prefer this chiner.

rusty904

« Reply #321 on: March 16, 2016, 12:27:00 PM »
Hello all, I tried sifting through this thread but I am pretty new to the forum and I can't find any "search this thread" function here. Anyway I've had the M-062 since january, It's done well aside from a few small issues.

1. The rear 142 axle has bent. Does anyone know of a replacement? One user mentioned an Ibis axle but said it wasn't long enough. Is there a DT swiss RWS axle with the correct length an/or thread pitch? A bolt on axle would be awesome.

2. I have mine paired up with bike hub store (bitex) hubs with the XD driver. The chain rubs on the seatstay/chainstay junction when I'm in the smallest cog. I ground down a pedal washer to stick in the droupout and fixed the problem but it's not exactly an elegant solution.

Anyone have these problems? Suggestions to fix?

Thanks in advance!

bxcc

« Reply #322 on: March 16, 2016, 02:21:01 PM »
Hello all, I tried sifting through this thread but I am pretty new to the forum and I can't find any "search this thread" function here. Anyway I've had the M-062 since january, It's done well aside from a few small issues.

1. The rear 142 axle has bent. Does anyone know of a replacement? One user mentioned an Ibis axle but said it wasn't long enough. Is there a DT swiss RWS axle with the correct length an/or thread pitch? A bolt on axle would be awesome.

2. I have mine paired up with bike hub store (bitex) hubs with the XD driver. The chain rubs on the seatstay/chainstay junction when I'm in the smallest cog. I ground down a pedal washer to stick in the droupout and fixed the problem but it's not exactly an elegant solution.

Thanks in advance!

1) I believe you need the E-Thru axle type. Shimano and DT Swiss both make some nice ones. I could be wrong so hopefully someone else chimes in on this. Here is what I'm thinking. https://www.dtswiss.com/Components/RWS/RWS-E-Thru

2) that is kind of odd. Do you have any pictures? That might help us to figure out what is going on.

carbonazza

« Reply #323 on: March 16, 2016, 03:51:26 PM »
I tried my E-thru DT swiss on it, but the DT swiss nut is too small for the hole of the dropout.

I ended up using the nut provided with the frame.
With the DT swiss axle.

I had to reverse the nut though. Because of its shape, it covers too much on the axle thread and can't be tightened.
A little clunky, yes... But it saw already some hundreds of km and didn't move.

RS VR6

« Reply #324 on: March 16, 2016, 04:18:32 PM »

Thanks in advance!

I'm using an axle from an Evil Following. You need to use a ~2mm spacer to get the axle to tighten the wheel. I you don't use the spacer, the axle will bottom out and the wheel will still be loose.

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #325 on: March 17, 2016, 08:47:52 AM »

Thanks in advance!

1) A Shimano E-thru axle is what I use on both my bikes, here is one on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Shimano-12x142mm-Thru-Axle-Black-12x142m/dp/B00N1OTRNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458222225&sr=8-1&keywords=shimano+e-thru+axle

2) Since you say you have an XD driver, I am assuming your are talking about XX1/X01/GX rear derailleur.  Check your B-screw tension and lower limit adjustment screw, make sure your rear derailleur is not caught up on anything and can move freely.  I seem to remember when first adjusting mine having an issue similar to what you are describing, however the chain should fit fine in the smallest cog.  Also check that you have fully seated your cassette on the XD freehub.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

edi

« Reply #326 on: March 30, 2016, 05:07:38 PM »
Hi guys. I need your help. Two issues I don't know how to do. The first issue concerns to q-factor. Based on your experience, what fits better in wcb-m-062 frame: 156 mm or 168 mm?. The second issue is about the rear axel screw. I don't know what kind (or brand) of 142x12 use. Thanks in advance.

bxcc

« Reply #327 on: March 30, 2016, 07:34:22 PM »
Hi guys. I need your help. Two issues I don't know how to do. The first issue concerns to q-factor. Based on your experience, what fits better in wcb-m-062 frame: 156 mm or 168 mm?. The second issue is about the rear axel screw. I don't know what kind (or brand) of 142x12 use. Thanks in advance.

1) I run 168 cranks without any issues. Not sure if the 156 cranks would fit.

2) Check the post before yours as it's covered there with a link.

edi

« Reply #328 on: March 31, 2016, 02:02:26 AM »

1) I run 168 cranks without any issues. Not sure if the 156 cranks would fit.

2) Check the post before yours as it's covered there with a link.

Thanks a lot for the information.

Jar_head

« Reply #329 on: April 11, 2016, 05:54:51 AM »
Hi there,

does anyone have some longterm experience with the frame?
Are there any problems to mention (cracks, fatigue)?
And what's the usual price for the frame? I have the chance to get on at 647 US$ (=569 €). It's already imported.

Norman
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:04:53 AM by Jar_head »
Workswell WCB-M-062: 7905 grams
Focus Cayo Evo 2.0: 6260 grams

For sale: http://bikemarkt.mtb-news.de/user/193302