Author Topic: Craig's .057  (Read 29425 times)

cmh

Re: Craig's .057
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 04:49:02 PM »
I lost track of where this was.   Are you guys willing and able to take a mold or swing by Jen's shop????

Im pretty sure more than just me would be interested in having a head badge made.

If trekcarbonboy will let me anywhere near his, I think we could take a mold. Not that that's something I've done, but I'm sure we could figure _something_ out.

Hell, worse comes to worse if someone else has the capability to take a mold of their headtube and could get it to me, I could get it to Jen, or get you her address so you could ship it directly.

I gotta say, some of the stuff she's been posting to facebook has been downright amazing -- it just keeps getting more impressive. It'd be a damn fine piece of bling for your Chiner, for sure.

trekcarbonboy

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 08:57:58 PM »
87 days and STILL counting. No frame yet. Was told 60-65. Then a 15-20 day delay due to 2 holidays and a bike show. TIC TOC!!!  >:(  3K gloss better be worth it! I could have had UD matte within a week.

No problem with the head tube mold. You can mold it when I bring it over to bleed the rear brake CMH. Bleed kit is the only tool I'm missing. Easy to mold. Just get a piece of that green foam for the bottom of flower bouquets and press it in. Reverse the negative with simple plaster or resin.

My fitness is way up and I've been killing my STRAVA pr's on the FS 26er so once I saddle up on this thing it will be interesting to see the result.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:05:49 PM by trekcarbonboy »

Izzy

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 10:00:57 PM »
87 days and STILL counting. No frame yet. Was told 60-65. Then a 15-20 day delay due to 2 holidays and a bike show. TIC TOC!!!  >:(  3K gloss better be worth it! I could have had UD matte within a week.

Wow, that is unacceptable. To be given an approximate time and it go 50% past the estimated time (and that 50% just happens to be a whole month) then I'd be done with the seller. And what's up with all of these delays for holidays and bike shows?? First of all.. Holidays? Are you serious? Are you or aren't you trying to build a business? And what sense does it make to put a customer on hold for a bike show? I'm sure the point of the bike show is to grow the business and make connections.. but at the cost of putting a customer on hold? Just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm sorry, I know Peter is kind of the go-to around here, and I guess mods can delete this if they want, and I do think he's done a mostly good job, but that's just silly imo and I'd ask for a refund and order a matte frame from a different supplier. My 2 cents.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 10:26:50 PM »
I'm sorry, I know Peter is kind of the go-to around here, and I guess mods can delete this if they want, and I do think he's done a mostly good job, but that's just silly imo and I'd ask for a refund and order a matte frame from a different supplier. My 2 cents.

There definitely won't be anything deleted. This is an absolute open forum, with information (not promotion) being it's primary purpose.

trekcarbonboy

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2015, 10:50:25 PM »
Not to mention that those holidays and show were already on the calendar when the first estimate was given. It's not like they were a surprise.

RS VR6

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2015, 11:18:07 PM »
The "holiday" seems to be the go to excuse. I got the same thing from the eBay vendor when I asked why it took so long to ship my frame. I think holiday can mean anything from a literal holiday...to a vacation.

When I went to Germany...people asked why I chose to spend my holiday in Essen. ;D

trekcarbonboy

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2015, 11:38:56 PM »
Wow! After all this time I just got an email from Peter stating...
"Sorry, our factory says your frame can not be done, all 3K weave frames are same status. They are busy on OEM production.
I will refund you the payment for frame, rest parts and shipping costs for frame, and extra 30 USD, OK ?"

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I said no, and asked if he can send a UD matte frame and all parts in 3k gloss. I am definitely disappointed and pissed! How unprofessional can you get. I understand he seems to be at the mercy of the factory but it shouldn't take 88 days to find this out!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Izzy

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2015, 06:58:30 AM »
No. That wasn't the factory that was a lack of communication and professionalism. I'm not sure Peter quite realizes how quickly the tides can turn for a business's reputation, especially one that just started. I would've taken the refund and bought from somewhere else. Yes, they are at the mercy of the factory but they are in full control of communication.

Vipassana

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 09:35:04 AM »
A similar thing happened with my friend frame that he wanted in 3K.  The factory quoted it and he paid for it and then 2 months later (or maybe longer) the factory just decided they weren't going to make the 3k frame.  My boss got the UD frame instead and was content. Though a bit disappointed to not get exactly what he had built up in his mind.   

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2015, 10:35:47 AM »
Sorry to hear about your frame.  Seems like the factories are getting busier and busier as the carbon frames are becoming the standard that everyone wants.

My IP-057 is UD and partially painted with a gloss finish, while my IP-036 is also partially painted but 3k Gloss.  I like them both.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

Oolak

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2015, 02:32:09 PM »
I would put my $0.02 on this thread but.. I'm on holiday.

;D

trekcarbonboy

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2015, 09:20:17 PM »
Finally! Peter shipped my frame and parts on Monday and I got it yesterday (Saturday). I put it together this morning. The only thing left is to bleed the rear brake and add decals. I left the steerer tube a little long to fiddle with the set up.
I'm happy enough with the matte frame but would have preferred the 3K gloss. Hopefully I'll get a chance to ride it on Thursday.

Has anyone else squeezed their down tube? I can literally flex the down tube by squeezing it laterally and longitudinally! I feel the same thing to a lesser extent with the seat tube. Obviously its made to be light but that seems a bit thin.

Patrick C.

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2015, 07:59:56 AM »
I also noticed how flexy the down tube was on my 057- feels like you could punch right through it.  I assume this is due to the thickness and possibly also the fiber orientation there.  No problems so far :)

cmh

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2015, 11:53:26 AM »
Finally! Peter shipped my frame and parts on Monday and I got it yesterday (Saturday). I put it together this morning.

Awesome! Congrats on finally getting to the end of that long road. :D Looking forward to hearing the ride report.

trekcarbonboy

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2015, 05:22:45 PM »
Build video.  ;D