Author Topic: New member from Victoria, Australia.  (Read 1268 times)

Tiptopperoo

New member from Victoria, Australia.
« on: May 02, 2015, 04:50:26 AM »
Hi guys,

Been doing LOTS of reading the past few days. I used to ride bikes a lot when I was a kid, and have just bought my mates old second hand Giant Axis to start riding again here. The idea behind that was to get back in to the sport as cheaply as possible, and then I'd have some idea when it came to dropping some cash on a nicer ride. Enter the carbon frame option. I'm loving seeing all you guys build up bikes from scratch. I'm pretty good at mechanical things, but need to learn everything about bikes. Got some really handy guys at work who have done multiple builds, and with some assistance from you guys on here, I've no doubt that I can get something beautiful built.

So at the moment, I'm just trying to work out exactly what I need to have on my order sheet from China. I'm thinking a full carbon hardtail frame, rims etc. I'm in no rush to get it all together so I'll be on the look out for the most bargain components I can (i.e. not cheap and nasty, but anything that is a cracking deal I'll have a good look at)

So far I'm thinking a 256 frame. Just gotta get some quotes from Peter (he seems like the preferred vendor on the forums, and I'd like to support his new business)

So thanks for providing such a great resource, I hope to be writing much more in the not too distant future about how my build goes.

Cheers,
Dave

Sitar_Ned

Re: New member from Victoria, Australia.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 07:47:16 AM »
Welcome, Dave.. Glad to have you and I'm glad you're finding the forums a helpful resource. It can be a little confusing to do your own build if you're coming in completely new to the MTB/biking scene, but it's definitely worth the effort in the end imo. Looking forward to seeing how your build progresses.